Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
Peej

Default Focal Sound Gear

Just wondering, does anyone have any Focal sound gear installed? Was looking getting front splits and rear slim line speakers with my new system. Any thoughts would be great

Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peej
Just wondering, does anyone have any Focal sound gear installed? Was looking getting front splits and rear slim line speakers with my new system. Any thoughts would be great
All Fusion gear here mate, but do you have a web address for Focal? Wouldn't mind checkin 'em out!
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
Peej

http://www.focalaustralia.com.au

some some info on there. The bloke at the install place said they have the best sound for their size. But need someone that actually has them installed and isnt trying to sell them to me. Personally i couldnt really find that much of a difference between the Focals and a good set of Alpine Type R speakers.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Focal have had a good reputation for many years as being some of the best car speakers. (Hopefully they haven't gone "cheap" recently and moved downmarket?? )

The splits should be excellent. I'll be looking at fitting Focals in my next car.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:45 AM   #5
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With anything if you spend the money you get the quality. Basically there are 2 types of audio gear SQ and SPL. SPL is about being louder than the rest and these elements can generally take more abuse. SQ on the other hand are woried about having the cleanest possible sound.

Focal is a SQ brand. Running off the headunit there isn't much point spending big on splits as they are gonna be underpowered. They will need some power to sound good.

Other good SQ brands are Adire Audio(best SQ subs IMO), Focal, Dynaudio and Mb Quart. But as always the more u pay the better sound u get
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #6
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
With anything if you spend the money you get the quality. Basically there are 2 types of audio gear SQ and SPL. SPL is about being louder than the rest and these elements can generally take more abuse. SQ on the other hand are woried about having the cleanest possible sound.

Focal is a SQ brand. Running off the headunit there isn't much point spending big on splits as they are gonna be underpowered. They will need some power to sound good.

Other good SQ brands are Adire Audio(best SQ subs IMO), Focal, Dynaudio and Mb Quart. But as always the more u pay the better sound u get
Yeah, fingers crossed I get a good tax return this year, cause my Fez told me last night that I should put more in it...
Old 08-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
Peej

yeah i'm hoping tax return is great. As for the splits they will be amped so should really be able to run them at optimum.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #8
Peej

If you dont mind me asking, how much are u guys puttin into your sound systems, as in $$$$? Just wanna know if i'm being stupid with mine.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
If you dont mind me asking, how much are u guys puttin into your sound systems, as in $$$$? Just wanna know if i'm being stupid with mine.
LOL swaytan can answer that one for u...

but for me
i have spent bout 1500..

headunit, sub and amp
Old 09-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #10
Marcus
Cat

Default Focal speakers

Hi im glad to say i have focal speakers installed in my car. I have two sets of splits front and back they are running straight from the head unit and sound very clear and loud. Coupled with a 12 inch subwoofer in the rear and im very proud of my audio system. Focal were not cheap but also not as dear as other brands. They a good stuff
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #11
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In total I have spend WAY too much in the region of 5 to 6 big ones.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 01:01 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i have spent 500 on getting my sound installed, consists of schnider 2 channel amp 500 watt. and a clarion 600w sub. the 500 is inclusive of the 50 bucks i spent for crownies to pay the guy who installed it all for me(he was a pro auto electrician)

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #13
joshf2
striped

focal are good, but if theyre not installed correctly, they image very poorly

alot of custom work is usually required to get them to sound right
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #14
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Just under $5k for me mate, but the end result is brilliant...