Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 AM   #1
jim1606
Jim

Default Ford B-max

Here is a fiesta MPV, just wondered what you think. It is called the b-max, to me it isnt anything too exiting with a mondeo front end and s-max rear it is not too original.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:25 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

What is with the mini MPV craze in the UK? I really don't understand - and hope it doesn't happen here!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
jim1606
Jim

I know, its been here for ages, sorta borin really
Old 07-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #4
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't that the same car as the fiesta 7 we saw around her a few days ago?

They keep building these cars for the Uk because it makes sense in europe. Space is at a premium but people still want to carry the family around so make the car as small as possible while keeping interior space. No point for it in OZ
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:21 AM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I understand that Pieoter. We kind of have that same problem in the inner city areas. More so with petrol prices though. What I mean, is why so many variations? Ford in the UK have a Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo based MPV. Then the Galaxy. What is wrong with just having two?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 06:34 AM   #6
jim1606
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
What is wrong with just having two?
well, vauxhall and renault launched lots of MPV's and they were massive success, and ford with lots of other euro manufacturers were losing sales hence they felt they were a big enough market to join. renault have tonnes of MPV's they have the Modus, Scenic, Kangoo, Espace and Grand Espace. There is just a huge market the biggst selling MPV though is the Vauxhall Zafira (not that you needed to know
_2: )