Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
Peej

Default Window Tint

hey all,
Just a quick one, i'm about to get the car tinted at Tint-A-Car and just if any of you have had a tint by them. I'm pretty much just wondering which tint would look the the best (ive got a sub lime). Midnight Express or Formula one?

Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I just had mine done the other week by them, I went for the midnight express, only because it's the same stuff just darker from the outside, and it look's great.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peej
hey all,
Just a quick one, i'm about to get the car tinted at Tint-A-Car and just if any of you have had a tint by them. I'm pretty much just wondering which tint would look the the best (ive got a sub lime). Midnight Express or Formula one?
Go the "Formula 1" tint, it has a green shade to it, will look great on your Sublime car, it is also by far their most superior tint and you will pay more for it, the film is actually made by a company in the USA called "CP Films" which is by far the largest window tint manufacturer in the world by a long way!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
Peej

ah ok, sounds good thats what i told them i wanted on the car but was having second thoughts. Sounds good now. thanks mate.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #5
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Peej, here's the link to the CP Films web site, take a look, you will of course see no reference to "Formula 1", that's only the name Tint-a-Car give the film.

http://www.cpfilms.com/
Old 02-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #6
Peej

ta mate, useful info, do you know if the Fiesta already has a light tint? Because there is a $40 fee to strip it if it does.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ta mate, useful info, do you know if the Fiesta already has a light tint? Because there is a $40 fee to strip it if it does.
No, I dont believe so, the glass itself has a slight tint but it's the glass itself not an added on film, most new cars these days have tinted glass to varying degrees, I vaguely remember reading somewhere which was basically saying that it's now mandatory to have tinted glass on all new cars, the Fiesta Specifications and Options brochure lists "tinted glass" as standard on all WQ Fiesta models,....."if Tint-a-Car try and strip the actual glass they will be there for a very very very long time"....."sounds like they might be just trying it on to me......make an extra $40.00 on the job."
Old 02-07-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine came with the factory tint so I wouldnt know how dark it is; though I did ring up Tint a Car and it was roughly (according to the receptionist) 100 to strip off and 200 to install. Is that the right price?
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #9
Peej

Sounds ok, the qoutes i have gotten range from $220 for Midnight Express to about $250 for the Formula 1, plus the $40 for the stripping which im now going to ask them about. So $300 sounds about right mate
Old 02-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

It depend'son how long you are going to keep the car aswell, if I was keeping the vehicle for life or a while then I would have gone for the F1 but I went for the ME becuase it is similar to the F1 but a bit darker to look into then F1 and it is a grey/dark tint comparred to F1 which has a green tinge to it, to me look's funny, and the warrenty is still 10 yr's on ME.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #11
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sounds ok, the qoutes i have gotten range from $220 for Midnight Express to about $250 for the Formula 1, plus the $40 for the stripping which im now going to ask them about. So $300 sounds about right mate
That's a "very good price" for either of those tints, particularly the Formula 1, maybe because it's Winter and it's a slow time for the tinting game?
the last time I got a quote for Formula 1 probably about a year or so ago it was around the $450.00 mark if my memory serves me correctly,..... I believe the Formula 1 is also a metalised film and the Midnight Express isn't.
Although I personally do prefer the look of the ME film, (as I am not a particular fan of green tints) overall the F1 is a far superior product and probably would look great on the Sublime Fez.