Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Knock Knock

When I arrive home from work, park the car in the garage and turn off the ignition, I step out of the car and am greeted by a "Knock...pause...Knock.." noise coming from under the bonnet, only knocks a couple of times and then stops, does anyone else get this with their Fez?, I dont think it's serious because other than this the car runs perfectly, haven't asked Ford yet......."thought I might ask some people who actually know something about Fords first!!".....
And before anyone starts Iv'e already heard all the "Who's There" jokes I can take..... :hihi:

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yep - completely normal. My Fiesta did it... so did others. Happens whenever you turn the ignition off. I'm therefore guessing it is a fuel pump thing...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
Danny
GT4.

Yeah Its just the electronic throttle position self test. Its part of engine shutdown procedure. What happens is that after you turn it off, the ecu sends a signal to throttle body and opens the butterfly by about half a cm before letting it spring back to its normal position.

Normal stuff, nothing to worry about.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the info guys........I can breathe a little easier now, thought I'd done something terminal to the car there for a while, sounded like something was falling off in the motor.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 05:31 AM   #5
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Ah good, it's not just my car! Although it's not really a knocking sound on mine, more of a "click-whirr-click"..

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post