Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM   #3271
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

What are we all using for fingerprints on touchscreens? Are you using a touch of glass cleaner? IPA? Damp microfiber towel?
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM   #3272
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
What are we all using for fingerprints on touchscreens? Are you using a touch of glass cleaner? IPA? Damp microfiber towel?
Damp towel or a glass cleaner damp towel should be all you need.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #3273
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Certainly not one of his regular viewers, so I had to force myself to watch this............

Will be interesting to see how this "pans" out. He has made a fortune in promoting brands and products, either a paid or off his own bat. So now that he will be promoting his own products, will he see a drop off in viewers and subscribers? No doubt the products will be good, he insists this won't be a white label endeavor, think Detail Geek or Patterson Car Care. But engaging with viewers that are looking for product and brand recommendations is different from advertising your own line of products. This will be a double-sided risk to his income, from YouTube revenue side of things, but also the financial risk associated with the commission of chemists, manufacturing, distributing and marketing a ground-up brand. I guess they call him Pan the Advertiser for a reason.

In my eyes, he lost me with some of the antics he played on Autogeek. He would drop into the video section, post an embedded link to his latest video, then disappeared with no engagement whatsoever. Actually, he did engage, but only when someone questioned this behavior or critiqued his video, where he would become quite rude. Many started to call him out for this, in the end he disappeared.

The same thing happens with another YouTuber under the Stauffer Garage name. Difference here being he was already selling a line of products, so his video drops were two-fold, to boost his YouTube revenue and sell product. He also sells training sessions on how to monetize a YouTube channel. Actually, looking at that line of products, it appears to have run its course.

https://www.foxclean.com/
https://www.foxclean.com/collections/training-courses

In both cases, I'm not begrudging these two for selling product or promoting their "brand identity". My problem lies in how they conduct themselves among their peers by lobbing a video, then p.ssing off with no engagement or contribution to the community. They are not there providing insight, answering questions or helping others. I get it, their outlet is via video and not a forum. But again, don't post the video if you have no interest in the forum format.

My 43 cents.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post