Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #2941
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Was thinking this post would be more appropriate for the "why is it that" thread, but I thought you guys might get a better laugh out of it.

Most of us here are pretty good at maintaining our gear, as well as resurrecting dead equipment, right? I mean, its paid for a couple of my toys....

But.... occasionally something just doesnt want to behave, and we all have that guru we take our bigger headaches to before we lose whats left of our minds....

So..... WHY is it that so ******* often, when I get something thats being difficult (especially to start) I take it to my guru and he makes me look like an idiot?

I mean, this mornings conversation:
Guru: What did you do to this thing trying to get it to start?
Me: flushed the tank, new plug, pulled the muffler to check the bore & burn off the spark arrester, new air filter, turned it upside down and turned it over to clear the crankcase, etc?
Guru: did you actually *try* to start it? how long did you try for?
Me: long enough to break the pull cord and start getting annoyed with it?
Guru: well it runs just fine.... blew a little smoke at first but yeah....
Me: wha?
Guru: Yeah.... I only had to pull it twi....
Me: *****
Know that frustration well.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #2942
Trendseeker

I know those sort of guys. Guru is a good word to describe them. For them, engines start, electronics jump to life, stuck nuts turn, hopelessly seized bolts release. Almost immediately when they touch them. True masters of their trade.
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #2943
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendseeker View Post
I know those sort of guys. Guru is a good word to describe them. For them, engines start, electronics jump to life, stuck nuts turn, hopelessly seized bolts release. Almost immediately when they touch them. True masters of their trade.
I've told him I'm getting a Nulon "Start ya bastard" sign for the front door of his workshop