Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #2881
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Why is it.................?

My ex employer treated me well. It was very much a 2 way street, the owner was one of 'those' people who would cut off his nose to spite his face if you know what i mean. But if you did the right thing towards the company he did look after you. I worked there for 14 years before i left and in that time, just by doing an honest days work for an honest days pay, i got perks. Also because being on service and doing quotes, little things like being encouraged to take customers out for coffee or lunch etc to build customer relationships and sales etc. That side of things didn't go down to well with my workmates as they (regardless of age) reverted to schoolyard jelousy, as in 'why does he get payed to take 2 hours to take a client to a thai restaurant'.
I think the nicest thing my employer did for me was. On a friday night in april 2017, my left arm stopped working down from the elbow. My logic was sleep it off, but nah, didnt work on saturday either. Went hospital and they said what they said so i sent the certificate to the boss and said i wont be in on monday. I did that to prove no bs on dates. Boss called me on the saturday to ask whats next. Well monday i saw my gp who reffered me to a neuroligist. I booked that, but the appointment was 6 weeks off. Told the boss and he cut me off and said he'd call me back. His dad worked in a private hospital (as a maintenance man/bed pusher) and pulled some strings and got me in to their neurologist for nerve conduction studies the next day. Boss also payed for it. Well no answers from that, it took 39 days before i got any movement back, but. Work car and fuel card the whole time.
So i was looked after. 7 years later left hand still doesnt work good. Im left handed too, so my handwriting is that of a 5 year old.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Today, 02:36 AM   #2882
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So i was looked after. 7 years later left hand still doesnt work good. Im left handed too, so my handwriting is that of a 5 year old.
One word for you: Acupuncture.

I had a similar thing happen to me..

I was undoing the lower control arm on a N13 pulsar at the wreckers.
Had the brake calliper suspended on the strut spring.

While my arm was under maximum effort / strain, the brake calliper fell onto my elbow. Man it hurt ALOT. anyway after the initial pain subsided, I was sore for a couple of days and didn't think much about it.

Roll on 2 days after the event, and I was on a long phone call.
My right hand started to go numb. Within 15 minutes I was unable to make a fist, or pick up a pencil from the desk. I thought, oh well, we'll see what happens in the morning. It was worse. Couldn't move my hand at all.
Hmmm, bugga.
Went to see a doctor, he freaked out, gave me 2 aspirin and said "I think your having a stroke. You need to go to hospital right now. Hmm, that sucks. So he gives me a letter to take to hospital.
I gave it to the duty nurse. She freaks out (don't know what the letter said) and ushers me straight into a ward. Get tests done etc etc blah blah blah.

Turns out I had hurt my Radial Ulna nerve (brake calliper fell on it).

So they said I would need to see a neurosurgeon, and it would be a 8 week wait.

Nah, fck that bitch. I went to see a Chinese chain smoking acupuncturist, and he put the needles in, and also wired them up so I get electric shock stimulation. My hand was opening and closing by itself. Mad sensation.
I walked out being able to close my hand, barely.
2 days later see him again, I could make a firm fist.
A week and 4 sessions later, I was at 85% grip strength.

Just sayin... this might work for you. I sure hope so, as I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Get it fixed bros.

One Man