Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #61
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Small car to "Get Back in Love With"

your missing the point, nah you got it right - volume buyers do not care for the "flare".
Incl my wifey.
Whereas I'm total opposite once I started to afford buying the flare long ago, high end spec is always my go to.
Wife and countless others do not care, just a means of A to B as boring as it is to us.
You can also do countless things like the wife has roll up re useable bags in her handbag haha go figure, didn't you wear tshirt everyday for years ? some do
Heaps of people don't have any dressing I'm led to believe, health nuts and so on.

Some people don't know what there missing having a nice fresh salami pannini whereas some have vegemite or pe nus butter - yuk.

Yep all does the job for the individual.

What you on about anyway, you pay cash for everything and your fleet is old
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #62
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Just saying, if all you've had is white bread, wait until you try white bread with butter - mind blown

I'm the old shitbox king - the captain of the nuggeteers
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #63
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Yep that true - nothing like trying something more expensive as long as you can afford it.
Others never care to and that’s their choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM   #64
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I bought fresh wholemeal Lebanese bread this morning, baked in store by a family of stalwarts. I like to eat it plain when it’s this good, a reminder of “hamotzi lechem min ha’aretz” (basically to remember that our sustenance is brought up from the earth). Butter would be an insult to its simple purity and pleasure.

If a car like the Mazda 2 ticks the boxes for an owner or prospective buyer - why worry about things outside of their contemplation, especially if it can be seen almost as white-anting their satisfaction?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I bought fresh wholemeal Lebanese bread this morning, baked in store by a family of stalwarts. I like to eat it plain when it’s this good, a reminder of “hamotzi lechem min ha’aretz” (basically to remember that our sustenance is brought up from the earth). Butter would be an insult to its simple purity and pleasure.

If a car like the Mazda 2 ticks the boxes for an owner or prospective buyer - why worry about things outside of their contemplation, especially if it can be seen almost as white-anting their satisfaction?
I don't particularly have a problem with the customer, it's levelled at the OEM, as far as your Lebanese bread goes, go eat tip top and get back to me.

Go back to the 1980s and suddenly all sorts of cars had forced induction, then we went into the dark ages from mid 1990s to 2010 where nothing did,

Then suddenly manufacturers started offering forced induction in lots of their range and we had this revolution in cars again.

Now we're all back to naturally aspirated engines,

What the Mazda 2 and it's ilk offer absolutely no advancement in technology under the bonnet or in driving experience compared to the new Mazda 2 I priced up in 2009 for $16,300 drive away. Except now it's $10,000+ more and is a couple hundred kilos heavier making the same power.

There's basically no competition or technological advancement in that arena for the last 15+ years. It's particularly disappointing from Mazda, given in the 1980s they had the Mazda Familia GTX (See Ford Laser TX3 Turbo) and they also had the 'zoom zoom' era cars.

Might as well as buy a new MG3 and be done with it,

If we kept up this line of thinking we'd still be driving around cars with a Ford 385 series V8 making 149KW and doing 35L/100km with an FMX behind it.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; Yesterday at 09:45 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #66
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I don't particularly have a problem with the customer, it's levelled at the OEM, as far as your Lebanese bread goes, go eat tip top and get back to me.

Go back to the 1980s and suddenly all sorts of cars had forced induction, then we went into the dark ages from mid 1990s to 2010 where nothing did,

Then suddenly manufacturers started offering forced induction in lots of their range and we had this revolution in cars again.

Now we're all back to naturally aspirated engines,

What the Mazda 2 and it's ilk offer absolutely no advancement in technology under the bonnet or in driving experience compared to the new Mazda 2 I priced up in 2009 for $16,300 drive away. Except now it's $10,000+ more and is a couple hundred kilos heavier making the same power.

There's basically no competition or technological advancement in that arena for the last 15+ years. It's particularly disappointing from Mazda, given in the 1980s they had the Mazda Familia GTX (See Ford Laser TX3 Turbo) and they also had the 'zoom zoom' era cars.

Might as well as buy a new MG3 and be done with it,

If we kept up this line of thinking we'd still be driving around cars with a Ford 385 series V8 making 149KW and doing 35L/100km with an FMX behind it.
I'll play devis advocate and say the few manufacturers who still offer 10+ year old simple and reliable NA engines should be commended because these are the cars that will still be on the road in 20 years time allowing the youth and those on a low budget the ability to get around in something reliable.
You say we don't need DSG in small town/commuter cars, that can also be applied to small capacity temperamental and complex turbo engines.

My old lady bough a 2012 Corolla 8 years ago, now over 200k and haven't spend a cent on it apart from oil changes. Good luck having the same run out of a turbo Ford, Peugeot, BMW, VW etc.
She doesn't GAF about the torque curve on it. At a guess 99% of owners of these types of cars are the same. Something cheap to run and reliable is the priority.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #67
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Smoo spot on as I was saying.
Nothing wrong with a no frills gutless whatever they are built to last the good known brands as mentioned and forget the mention of an MG - that won’t last that’s for sure due to the their current record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #68
.:4:.
Kicking back

My dirty secret. Well before i got the mechanics courtesy car, as whilst i did electrical work for them, they'd service my work car. Anyhows working for them they picked up a toyota yaris. Story behind that was for 5 or 6 years they did the annual service on it and rego however in 5 or 6 years the car had only done 300km. So whilst the paint was absolutely ****ed, story goes the bloke bought it for his daughter to learn to drive in, but she decided she didn't want to drive.
Well, when i blew up the ranger i got the courtesy car. Paint ****ed but 54k on it. Interior immaculate. Did it work for work, no. Was it scary trying to get to freeway speeds to merge safely, yes. Creature comforts? Sorta but not really. Turning circle and just ease of most of anything 'difficult' when it comes to driving. Well thats why i found the thing great.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post