Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-02-2023, 01:37 PM   #1
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
You are so right.If you save and have contributed to a super fund you are on your own.If you spent every dollar when you got it you get a full pension and all the benefits.And if you couldn’t get a home of your own then the Govt gives you even more in the form of rent assistance.Makes me wonder why I even started full time work nearly 60 years ago,should have gone straight from school to the dole office
could you have lived with yourself if you did that, serious answer now
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2023, 01:46 PM   #2
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
could you have lived with yourself if you did that, serious answer now
NO.but I have known a few who at the age of 60 or more are yet to start their working life.I still actively try to find small pocket money jobs.Surprising how many 1/2 day jobs that are out there
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-02-2023, 01:51 PM   #3
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
NO.but I have known a few who at the age of 60 or more are yet to start their working life.
Yeah I know and it sucks, if they have a genuine reason (disability etc) then fair enough, but if they are just living off the Gvmt teat coz they can, it sucks. But even though they are a significant drain on our taxes would we have it any other way - Get no Gvmt money, armed robberies and house robberies go up (like the USA)

I post on an American forum, very right wing, and they couldn't give a shyte about the under-privileged, stuff 'em they reckon "I did it, they should too" is the general response

I would rather live here where we are more generous to those who can't help themselves, unfortunately there are a few dodgy rats in that, but . . . . . (robberies)
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: