Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2022, 04:37 PM   #61
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Sparesbox - Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Couldn't find a Startrack tracking number. So being a lazy sod here's the label you can work it out

None of the above. I've used Febi on the tailshaft (genuine but had the Benz logo's buffed off) and Lemforder suspension bushes.

These are 'Optimal'. German brand but probably made in China...but should be ok as they're going to be bolted to Sachs struts

I can and the consignment note number is your tracking number so probably remove that image

'EXP' is their premium road service.

FPP is the same except worse because its a contracted cheaper price and lower priority

'PRM' is air freight.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 19-07-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2022, 11:50 PM   #62
JG33

I've bought parts from Sparesbox a few times over the years, either from their website or through eBay. Usually the parts get delivered here between 2 - 3 weeks, but recently they've been really bad with orders that 3 or 4 weeks passes by and they still haven't posted them even though they advertise to have the parts in stock.

I gave up in the end, cancelled the order and bought parts from someone else even if I have to pay a little bit more.

Won't buy from them anymore.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Bought some stuff off Outlaw Speed Shop in Adelaide,

Placed order and paid via online portal at 1:30AM, billing and shipping addresses are different from each other and I've put in comments to take notice of it.

I've also placed another order about an hour ago going to the same shipping address and asked them to consolidate freight in the comments for both orders.

So basically:

Two sales orders with payment confirmation on both
Separate billing and shipping addresses
Additional comments on the orders
Consolidate freight for both orders

So far they've processed the first order and marked it 'awaiting shipment' but haven't processed the second order yet.

Let's see if they consolidate freight like I've asked into one consignment and see if it turns up to the correct address.

They quoted 5 business days on processing orders which is unacceptable IMO but they've already processed one - under promise and over deliver, great but quote two days and do it in one, not five.

I believe they have everything in stock so let's see how this goes.
Old 20-07-2022, 12:38 PM   #64
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Did they give you an option to create a user account? That way you could check if the different aspects were correctly logged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC
I believe they have everything in stock so let's see how this goes.
You and I clearly have something in common. Innate gullibility.

Still “crickets” from SB on my discs.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-07-2022, 12:48 PM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Did they give you an option to create a user account? That way you could check if the different aspects were correctly logged.

You and I clearly have something in common. Innate gullibility.

Still “crickets” from SB on my discs.
Yep, I've got a user account, I've also paid $54 in freight from Startrack, $40 freight for one order and $14 for the other order, I know it doesn't cost $54 in freight to send what I've ordered to where its going, but that doesn't overly bother me but I'm expecting freight to be consolidated into one package and they can keep the $54.

Out of curiosity what are Empowered selling the discs for and are they competitive with Sparesbox on price?

If they are, see if you can get a refund from Sparesbox for **** service, then place an order with Empowered Auto Parts:

https://www.empoweredautoparts.com.au/

I'll be able to give you the names of people, locations of the warehouses and their direct phone numbers of the people to call who can make it happen when you jump up and down, they're also VERY sensitive to online feedback and you'll be able to either pick up from Arndell Park or have it sent to you via DFE

You should have seen the song and dance the head honcho made when it first kicked off and they had to patch up a ****load of back orders and upset customers, you can make him dance to your tune real easily and I'll be happy to facilitate for anyone here on AFF

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 20-07-2022 at 01:12 PM.
Old 21-07-2022, 10:59 AM   #66
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Empowered are basically $36 dearer than SB, delivered.

Today I was updated with a Couriers Please tracking number for the discs, I think that suggests they’re coming out of Arndell Park. So it’s likely the parts will all be here by Friday afternoon.

Timeliness is one thing, price another, but predictability is the crux of repeat business. I’ve had a month and three weeks of yes/no/maybe.

I’m reminded of the joke about a Russian fellow putting down a deposit for a new Lada. The salesman proudly says “It will be delivered in exactly ten years!”

To which the buyer asks, morning or afternoon?
“What does it matter?” the salesman queries.
- Plumber’s coming in the morning, replies the buyer.

(I remember this joke from my father’s colleagues, well before it was credited to President Reagan.)
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2022, 11:12 PM   #67
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Update to my order from Outlaw Speed Shop, they dispatched my second order today, ignoring my comments on the order, without contacting me about it - poor form.

They also sent the first package via Startrack's EXP service, then the second one on FPP, the second order is easily under 5KG so could have gone via 5kg air satchel for close to the same price.

Positives:

Good range of product
They're using a courier (not Australia Post retail)
Communication on their end is good once the orders are processed giving me updates with tracking information

Bad points:

Both orders were placed on the same day (first order 1:30AM, second order 10AM), they shipped out the first order on the same day received, the second order went the day after. I suspect whats happening here is someone processes the online orders at some point once a day, then the next day it happens again - there was no reason both those orders couldn't have gone out before the freight cut off. That's two business days to process two orders for the same customer.

Prices are meh - I could probably land the same stuff ex USA including bank fees, exchange rates and shipping costs from Summit Racing cheaper.

Charged up the *** for freight - it don't cost $54 to send what they sent where its going via startrack.

Don't follow instructions - the second order clearly states to consolidate freight with the first.

They're going to get a three star review on Google with the feedback once the goods arrive

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-07-2022 at 11:20 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2022, 12:11 AM   #68
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Charged up the *** for freight - it don't cost $54 to send what they sent where its going via startrack.

Don't follow instructions - the second order clearly states to consolidate freight with the first.
That's one thing that massively sh*ts me up the wall when buying stuff from eBay and the like.

Everything listed is including freight. So if I buy 5 items from say Sparesbox, each item list price is inclusive of freight.

But I always get the order consolidated into the one box or satchel.

So if each item has $5 included for postage they are making a free $20 on the overall order. Scam and 3/4!

Same happens when you get the odd one that doesn't include freight and its on top of the list price. If you buy a couple of things from them you pay multiples of freight but it arrives in one package. No option to consolidate and save cash.

Scamming b@stard thieves!!!
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2022, 07:30 AM   #69
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Update to my order from Outlaw Speed Shop, they dispatched my second order today, ignoring my comments on the order, without contacting me about it - poor form.

They also sent the first package via Startrack's EXP service, then the second one on FPP, the second order is easily under 5KG so could have gone via 5kg air satchel for close to the same price.

Positives:

Good range of product
They're using a courier (not Australia Post retail)
Communication on their end is good once the orders are processed giving me updates with tracking information

Bad points:

Both orders were placed on the same day (first order 1:30AM, second order 10AM), they shipped out the first order on the same day received, the second order went the day after. I suspect whats happening here is someone processes the online orders at some point once a day, then the next day it happens again - there was no reason both those orders couldn't have gone out before the freight cut off. That's two business days to process two orders for the same customer.

Prices are meh - I could probably land the same stuff ex USA including bank fees, exchange rates and shipping costs from Summit Racing cheaper.

They're going to get a three star review on Google with the feedback once the goods arrive
I bet they make a lot of money out of those obviously inflated postage rates!
Old 24-07-2022, 10:14 AM   #70
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A further twist, this one is worth noting and it’s potentially a pivotal one for me.

Despite issuing of a con note number on July 20th at 8:41PM, it appears no item has actually been picked up - the number doesn’t track on any website. I presume when you have a large account with Couriers Please, you’re billed for a job when it’s scanned in - not when a con note is generated.

Given everything else that’s documented so far with this order, I have to question if they (Sparesbox) did this to appear as meeting their nominated deadline. They’re also veering close to the edge in NSW consumer rights, taking payment for something they cannot supply in reasonable time, as evidenced by a succession of commitments that have gone nowhere.
Old 24-07-2022, 10:24 AM   #71
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
A further twist, this one is worth noting and it’s potentially a pivotal one for me.

Despite issuing of a con note number on July 20th at 8:41PM, it appears no item has actually been picked up - the number doesn’t track on any website. I presume when you have a large account with Couriers Please, you’re billed for a job when it’s scanned in - not when a con note is generated.

Given everything else that’s documented so far with this order, I have to question if they (Sparesbox) did this to appear as meeting their nominated deadline. They’re also veering close to the edge in NSW consumer rights, taking payment for something they cannot supply in reasonable time, as evidenced by a succession of commitments that have gone nowhere.
'Couriers Please'? With them even if it gets picked up on time it may get delayed, lost or delivered to the wrong address.
Old 24-07-2022, 10:59 AM   #72
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’ve actually had a good run with CP, the depot is not overly distant and deliveries timely over the longer term. Their most recent example (two weeks ago) was a parcel delivered from Melbourne to Sydney in 23 hours, arriving as notified.
Old 24-07-2022, 11:07 AM   #73
CFOUR
The Destroyer

used spares box 10 or more times, always bought instock items always arrived in a timely fashion. didnt notice them being particularly cheap though.
Old 24-07-2022, 04:07 PM   #74
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

We had a very technically advanced system where our driver gave us one of those big *** witches hats and if we had pickups we'd put it out on a bollard in the warehouse car park and he'd see it when he drove by and stop in

Every little couriers please sticker has its consignment note on it, though if couriers please subcontracts it out to another freight company you won't get any updates other than it's been picked up.

They generally only do metropolitan areas and some prominent regional areas and they'll subcontract out the rest, we accidentally sent something via couriers please interstate once and it still got there through various other contractors

Couriers please and their service levels is decided by the driver on the supplier end and the driver on the receiving end, if they're both potatoes than RIP, just the timing of when they pick up on the supplier end will determine if a customer in a metropolitan area gets their delivery same business day or next with them.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 24-07-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 24-07-2022, 05:45 PM   #75
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Tell me, though, am I correct that the job is charged after the label is scanned - not when booked/printed?
Old 24-07-2022, 07:27 PM   #76
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Tell me, though, am I correct that the job is charged after the label is scanned - not when booked/printed?
You pay for the dockets up front from the driver, they only become active consignment numbers once scanned, they're paid for before they're even used.

Maybe there's another less ridiculous way of sending stuff via couriers please but our warehouse team refused to use computers so thats how we did it
Old 24-07-2022, 07:44 PM   #77
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

I tried with Spares box last year. Paid with PayPal thankfully. Couple of emails asking where my items were "we're having trouble locating the TQ95" long story short, nothing got sent out so I cancelled the order.

Just tried Automotive Warehouse and finding the same thing. Ordered stuff on 4/7/22, called them up on Friday. Was told everything had been sent excluding the TQ95 which will be sent at a later date. I forgot to ask why I haven't received a tracking number.

About to give up with online stores. Not worth it.

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2022, 07:55 PM   #78
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

When you get **** service from an online business make sure you give feedback on their Google business listing in the form of poor reviews, 1 star, keep it factual though.

As soon as the one star reviews happened management got real upset about it
Old 25-07-2022, 11:46 AM   #79
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Gently delivered (not slammed down on my vintage tiles) this morning. Tracking for CP still broken!
So that is all, no further items outstanding.

In relation to comments about buying items that are in stock, when a listing says something like “3 sold, 7 available” you tend to treat that as a statement of physical stock. These items were represented thus at the time of purchase.

Edit, to add that today at 10:53AM, I received an email from Couriers Please to say they’d just received shipping information about my parcel and would update me as it was collected and passed through their network.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 25-07-2022 at 11:55 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-07-2022, 01:56 PM   #80
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

In relation to comments about buying items that are in stock, when a listing says something like “3 sold, 7 available” you tend to treat that as a statement of physical stock. These items were represented thus at the time of purchase.
Sounds like my former life, system showing 600M of a product in stock, or 350 widgets on the shelf but the bin is empty

I've left my feedback for my recent purchase, I note there was a three star review left by someone else recently with one line and the owner responded asking for feedback to actually help address the issue.

So I gave them a three star review accompanied by an essay, let's see if the owner responds

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 25-07-2022 at 02:03 PM.
2 users like this post: