Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-04-2006, 04:03 AM   #1
5L
[ 5L ]

Default photoshop whats best

previously i had adobe photoshop 7 on my computer but it crashed and i have lost the disk, so i was wanting to know what is the best photoshop to get in your opinion and what price am i looking at.

[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
quest

Photoshop CS2 is incredible....how much is it worth????
Im sure you can find an evaluation copy or "SOMETHING" to check it out and decide for yourself
quest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Yes photoshop cs2 is like ps7 but has heaps more in it if you go looking more. See i dont think its good for people on the forum to tell you to download it, because its illegal. So good on your quest for not recommending that. Its about 1700 bucks to buy
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

You can download a 'time limited' 30 day trial evaluation copy off the net. As has been pointed out correctly full versions are pricey - but you DO get what you pay for in CS2 being a VERY capable program.
A few other alternatives are a program called the GIMP, which is freeware.
One alternative program that I used for years (& still do for some tasks as it's quicker then Photoshop) is a prog by Ulead called 'PhotoImpact' retails for about $150-200.
Shoulda done a search in the photoshop forums as this comes up fairly frequently.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

yes CS2 is awesome, i love it for many things, but main thing that made me upgrade was it has full digital RAW file support
Old 22-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
yes CS2 is awesome, i love it for many things, but main thing that made me upgrade was it has full digital RAW file support
So did the previous versions if you downloaded the RAW convertor plugins available from Adobe.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #7
oyob2003

I have two of the more costly programs, but I always go back to "PICASA 2'' and it does everything that I need, it is a free download, I wish I knew about it before I spent my money, and very easy to use it does everything I need, Unless you are a pro.
oyob2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post