Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2021, 11:04 AM   #1
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Having spent a lot of time outdoors over the weekend, it would seem some local councils are really starting to learn / experiment with "living with it". Some of the popular strips on the inner east were busy as, social distancing was basically non existent outside some of the shops. Since when did selling pot plants, decor and the likes become essential? But it was good to be out, good weather, and seeing people somewhat enjoying themselves. And well done to the Dees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I hear people cry all the time about bull-**** lock-downs, even the ****head Victorian opposition and business leaders, but not one, not one has come up with an alternative. I am ****ing sick of hearing people cry about but offer nothing as an alternative.

It must suck to have a Government concerned with keeping us alive

Looks like it is just in Victoria, cos there doesn't seem to be the same unhelpful bs being thrown anywhere else. However, if you believe the newspoll results released over the weekend, Victorian aren't buying it.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 02:00 PM   #2
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Looks like it is just in Victoria, cos there doesn't seem to be the same unhelpful bs being thrown anywhere else. However, if you believe the newspoll results released over the weekend, Victorian aren't buying it.
interesting that there was a requirement for 'tradies' to be vaccinated in Sydney and no uproar or protests, so why did this happen in Melbourne?
2 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 05:23 PM   #3
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
interesting that there was a requirement for 'tradies' to be vaccinated in Sydney and no uproar or protests, so why did this happen in Melbourne?
Well....I think the answer is right in front of us, and I hope there will be a capitol hill type inquiry into the insurrection.

I have now heard several accounts from people who were either there on the first couple of days, or know of someone who went. These people went with a legitimate intent, but as soon as they realised what was really happening, they got out of there quick smart. I think we'll hear more. I'm hearing 25% were there for the cause, 75% were there for another purpose.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 05:32 PM   #4
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well....I think the answer is right in front of us, and I hope there will be a capitol hill type inquiry into the insurrection.

I have now heard several accounts from people who were either there on the first couple of days, or know of someone who went. These people went with a legitimate intent, but as soon as they realised what was really happening, they got out of there quick smart. I think we'll hear more. I'm hearing 25% were there for the cause, 75% were there for another purpose.
from what I have heard, the CFMEU members were there from the morning having a peaceful protest, then the right wing anti-everything thugs showed up and started the trouble, I think some CFMEU members got caught up in it as they thought it was their comrades, but as soon as the truth came out the smart ones high-tailed out of there. Friday about 750, Saturday about 150, yesterday none. As soon as they went to the Shrine they lost all support
4 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 06:53 PM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

You'd have to wonder how many more were like this one.....................

"On Wednesday, a man featured on Nine News was wearing a AWP Plastering and Rendering high-vis polo shirt.
However, the owner of AWP has now come out and said the man seen on the news had never worked for him and was not a tradie."

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/fake-...tion-protests/
Old 27-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #6
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:

Looks like it is just in Melbourne cos there doesn't seem to be the same unhelpful bs being thrown anywhere else. However, if you believe the newspoll results released over the weekend, Melbournians aren't buying it.
Let me just alter that for you.

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread