Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 08:17 AM   #1
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

My chemo treatment has again been cancelled, 3rd time in 3 weeks I think, but I picked up my pre-chemo drugs today.
Dexamethasone, now I'm not vaccinated for covid, here in Perth no lockdown, but dident ex-President Donald Trump espouse it's qualities when he said "that drug cured his covid infection" in 2 days?
I mean it's an anti inflammatory steroid, so are they giving me that because I'm not vaccinated?

That's a question!

Cheers Billy
Old 10-09-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
My chemo treatment has again been cancelled, 3rd time in 3 weeks I think, but I picked up my pre-chemo drugs today.
Dexamethasone, now I'm not vaccinated for covid, here in Perth no lockdown, but dident ex-President Donald Trump espouse it's qualities when he said "that drug cured his covid infection" in 2 days?
I mean it's an anti inflammatory steroid, so are they giving me that because I'm not vaccinated?

That's a question!

Cheers Billy
Mate, jump up and down if you have to, but get vaccinated. Go political if you need to. Aim to achieve a booking by end of today. If you were 38 years old, female with a family, living in the posh suburbs and facing life-changing cancer - (1.) You wouldn’t be getting bumped for chemo, (2.) You’d have been offered vaccination by now.
This user likes this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #3
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Mate, jump up and down if you have to, but get vaccinated. Go political if you need to. Aim to achieve a booking by end of today. If you were 38 years old, female with a family, living in the posh suburbs and facing life-changing cancer - (1.) You wouldn’t be getting bumped for chemo, (2.) You’d have been offered vaccination by now.
Thank you CB and AlanD,
So it's to stop any issues of inflammation or immunodeficiency, I never got the covid vaccine mainly because the second dose of AZ would have to be given during the chemo period!

I went into hospital for lung removal, left lung as a Stage 1A, 3 weeks later at post op visit and histopathology report I was classified 2A, then 3 weeks later as Stage 3A.

They said they found it had spread to lymph nodes, hence 3A, but I cancelled my first 2 appointments due to coming down with a nasty cough and sore throat plus runny nose, still have it slightly.
I refused to go to oncology in case I made other patients sick with my infection, these poor women were in dire trouble and all bald wearing headscarves, they looked so downhearted and sad, I couldn't go in there, no way, so I cancelled, and only for that reason.

My 3rd cancellation was because the dentist would not agree to chemo until I had 5 teeth removed, the last of my own teeth, rest dentures, he said I could or would get MRONJ if I was unlucky, its a "medication related osteo necrosis of the jaw"
I have very bad osteo arthritis through my whole spine and TMJ, he spoke to oncologist who had no choice but to cancel again until my gums heal fully, he give me until 21st September and added no point in chemo after that, but he's not positive, he would be reading a crystal ball not a medical chart!

But you both answered my question thank you, much appreciated, and I really mean that too.

Cheers Billy.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I never got the covid vaccine mainly because the second dose of AZ would have to be given during the chemo period!
Not sure that this would matter, My Wife started Chemo (for the second time) 4 weeks ago and was advised by her Medical Oncologist that she get the AZ jab that she was booked in for 2 weeks before her first Chemo.

I think that she'll be due for her 2nd jab between the 3rd and 4th Chemo session.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #5
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Not sure that this would matter, My Wife started Chemo (for the second time) 4 weeks ago and was advised by her Medical Oncologist that she get the AZ jab that she was booked in for 2 weeks before her first Chemo.

I think that she'll be due for her 2nd jab between the 3rd and 4th Chemo session.
One of the main side-effects of chemo is immunosuppresion, so there's a good chance that a vaccine would be largely ineffective during chemo.
But don't take my word for it, I'm sure the Oncologists (both your wife's and Snake's) know what's best.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #6
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Anyone else a bit perplexed as to why Tasmania are introducing the mandatory wearing of masks for any events with over 1000 attendees, either indoors or out, from next Friday?

It seems like a strange time to introduce this, especially given they have no new cases and the number of vaccinations are still increasing. And the trigger figure seems odd. Why 1000 people? Is there a large event coming up that I've missed, ie AFL game?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 10-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #7
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post

My GP and Oncologist both say I can't have second jab during chemo, so that's 2 jabs 12 weeks apart, but this is covid free Perth, if I was still living in Sydney I would of had the covid jab 12 months ago if available, but am too sick for anything at present, I tossed up forgoing chemo because of my age and other health issues, which are severe and not just lung related, but I live alone, your wife has you to help her and discuss your future together, I don't have that, they are not sure I will make it through 4 sessions, and said I can pull out anytime I like, am glad I am old, I hope you and your wife get through it ok and get back on with your lives.

Cheers Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I haven’t read it in depth or cross-checked, but a quick skim over a news article this morning suggested that less people were dying of the Delta coronavirus than the original 2020 variant. While that’s good news, one has to ponder if it’s then not the “beast” one CHO alleged it to be.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:24 PM   #9
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I haven’t read it in depth or cross-checked, but a quick skim over a news article this morning suggested that less people were dying of the Delta coronavirus than the original 2020 variant. While that’s good news, one has to ponder if it’s then not the “beast” one CHO alleged it to be.
Don't know if it's the same article but i read the same on the ABC this morning, but it has a little bit more to it........and which i guess could be a big plus for getting vaccinated.

"The Delta COVID outbreak has been less deadly than those last year due to vaccinations"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...aths/100446044

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Closed Thread