Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 03:51 PM   #14611
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Mrs had the first Pfizer this morning. Back to work, then 2 hours later rings me saying her whole body is numb and tingling. I suggested calling the clinic or nurse on call.
Can't call the clinic, nurse on call basically says dunno maybe go to your doctor?
Ends up at ER, waits for 3 hours, to be told it's a very rare but heard of side effect, Panadol and monitor.
I'm ropable and dumbfounded that there isn't a number for side effects (at least that we could find) or a resident expert at the vac clinic for a situation like this. The wait only concluded because she started freaking out and hyperventilating.

And all this is so that maybe everything will open up again if enough other people get it too, so maybe she can see some of her family this year, I can't wait to see what curve ball they throw when the vac targets are reached but still don't want to open.
Unreal sceanrio mate, sorry to see and hope she's recovering now......

So she had the shot at a Clinic ? but can't call it ?
Trying to understand.
A nurse on call from where ? her work or the Clinic ?

and a Nurse on call says she doesn't know what to do ?
What sheer imcompetance on the Nurse's part imo.....
Haven't we all been led to believe all the Health and Jab services involved been given the directives what to say to people ? like wtf.

Oh mate lots more curve balls to come no doubt about it.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 04:27 PM   #14612
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Those of you in the NT hoping to catch up with family in NSW and Vic for Christmas might have to think about alternative arrangements.

NT's hard border with NSW, Victoria likely to stay through Christmas
Chief Minister Michael Gunner says Territorians with family in New South Wales or Victoria probably will not be able to see them for Christmas without quarantining upon their return to the Northern Territory.

He was chatting to our mates at ABC Radio Darwin earlier today, and said it was unlikely the Territory's hard border with NSW and Victoria will drop before December 25.

"I can't see — certainly in New South Wales — I can't see that clearing up before Christmas," he said.

"It's more the method of quarantine and whether they're hotspots or not. I can't see that cooling before Christmas."

If that's you, there is some hope you could avoid forking out $2,500 for hotel quarantine.

Last week Mr Gunner said he was "very hopeful" that home quarantine could become an option once 80 per cent of Territorians were fully vaccinated. According to our tracker, at the current rate, it's looking like that could happen by the end of November.
Covid isn't going away, even when we reach the vax targets and open up it's probably going to spread around everywhere. What exactly do these pollies think is going to happen when we open up ffs? They can't be this dumb. Surely?

You open up and by it's nature it's going to spread. Being vaxxed doesn't stop it spreading. The numbers will rise, and probably will so quite significantly. Just like it is in Israel and the UK. How do these people not understand this?

The vaccine reduces the chances of getting very sick and dying, it doesn't stop it spreading. How, after all this time, are people not understanding this?
Old 07-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #14613
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Covid isn't going away, even when we reach the vax targets and open up it's probably going to spread around everywhere. What exactly do these pollies think is going to happen when we open up ffs? They can't be this dumb. Surely?

You open up and by it's nature it's going to spread. Being vaxxed doesn't stop it spreading. The numbers will rise, and probably will so quite significantly. Just like it is in Israel and the UK. How do these people not understand this?

The vaccine reduces the chances of getting very sick and dying, it doesn't stop it spreading. How, after all this time, are people not understanding this?
I would argue that the spread will be worse. So many vaccinated people wandering around without symptoms. It will go nuts when the restrictions are first lifted. It's probably a contributing factor to the Vic and NSW numbers now
Old 07-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #14614
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Covid isn't going away, even when we reach the vax targets and open up it's probably going to spread around everywhere.
There are many people who think Covid-19 will eventually be eradicated.

But it's interesting to note that in the history of mankind, we have only ever been able to eradicate ONE virus (that affects humans)... And that is Smallpox.

All other viruses still exist.

The last known natural case being in 1977.

So chances are we'll be living with Covid and its mutations for the rest of our lives.

We may eliminate it in our society but may never eradicate it completely.
4 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 06:03 PM   #14615
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm thinking they are all well aware but too scared to be the guy that paints it black and white for everyone to see....covid will spread, your vax wont stop that or many people dying.
Nobody wants to say that, there's not a thick enough flamesuit
6 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 06:20 PM   #14616
Metdevil

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....27.21262356v1

"Population-based hospitalization rates show that unvaccinated adults aged ≥18 years are 17 times more likely to be hospitalized compared with vaccinated adults. Rates are far higher in unvaccinated persons in all adult age groups, including during a period when the Delta variant was the predominant strain of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Vaccines continue to play a critical role in preventing serious COVID-19 illness and remain highly effective in preventing COVID-19 hospitalizations."

4 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 07:23 PM   #14617
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's this I hear about Northern Sydney being the first out of lockdown in NSW?

Current cases in northern Sydney = 484
Current cases in Southern NSW, Illawarra Shoalhaven, Central Coast, Hunter NE, Mid North Coast and Northern NSW combined = 442

Sound about right for the Democratic People's Republic of Afgladistan
Old 07-09-2021, 08:24 PM   #14618
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
I'm thinking they are all well aware but too scared to be the guy that paints it black and white for everyone to see....covid will spread, your vax wont stop that or many people dying.
Nobody wants to say that, there's not a thick enough flamesuit
Yep, you could basically call it Noah's ark 2.0, only rather than just 2 of everything surviving it will be natures way of genetic cleansing where the sick and elderly die and the healthy survive...for now.
You can get vaxed and Covid might not kill you tomorrow but at some stage in life many people will get Cancer, develop diabetes, heart disease or any number of other morbidities and when covid catches up with you under those conditions you're cooked.

I feel sorry for all those people who worked their guts out all their lives to have a comfortable retirement, something tells me it wont be a lengthy one for many.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 08:28 PM   #14619
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yep, you could basically call it Noah's ark 2.0, only rather than just 2 of everything surviving it will be natures way of genetic cleansing where the sick and elderly die and the healthy survive...for now.
You can get vaxed and Covid might not kill you tomorrow but at some stage in life many people will get Cancer, develop diabetes, heart disease or any number of other morbidities and when covid catches up with you under those conditions you're cooked.

I feel sorry for all those people who worked their guts out all their lives to have a comfortable retirement, something tells me it wont be a lengthy one for many.
There's also all of the under 12 children who couldn't get the vaccine too...
Old 07-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #14620
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just noticed that Brazil, once struggling, seems to be getting their response under control. They are at 65% first dose and 31% second dose. The testing data seems a bit weird though, but it doesn't suggest that the drop in cases has been due to drop in testing.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:25 PM   #14621
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Unreal sceanrio mate, sorry to see and hope she's recovering now......

So she had the shot at a Clinic ? but can't call it ?
Trying to understand.
A nurse on call from where ? her work or the Clinic ?

and a Nurse on call says she doesn't know what to do ?
What sheer imcompetance on the Nurse's part imo.....
Haven't we all been led to believe all the Health and Jab services involved been given the directives what to say to people ? like wtf.

Oh mate lots more curve balls to come no doubt about it.
She slept all day but is seemingly ok. Thanks for your concern.
Yeah it's a pop up clinic in a function room basically. No phone number.
Nurse on call is who you call if you're not sure it's worth spending hours in the er waiting room. I don't know what the service is actually called as she handles all that stuff for the both of us to be honest because I'm a man. Hahaha
5 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 11:37 PM   #14622
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cause they don't want to know about the side effects. Nothing to worry about, just shut up and take your shot.
Fight it all you want mate, I don't like it any more than you do but you can either go willingly, and do your part, or you can go in kicking and screaming later on when your freedoms start to be impeded for not having it.
Either way we all lose, but we all already have so what difference is 2 needles really gonna make?
Old 07-09-2021, 11:48 PM   #14623
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Learn to eat rite, problem solved.

If you read The Age/Sun...or watch channel 7/9/10/SBS/ABC

All good blokes, CoupeKing has it all worked out.
We are so lucky to have you here mate #blessed
3 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 07:10 AM   #14624
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was very telling that Dan Andrews called our Greg Hunt and Gladys Berejiklian yesterday for doing under the desk deals with vaccine doses yesterday - Dan has been very cool this who epidemic, been paying with a very straight bat considering the belting he has copped from Berejiklian and the Feds

And here are the Feds calling Victoria out for failing to reach vaccine targets, all the while Hunt has been slipping Berejiklian vaccines on the sly, vaccines that should have come to Victoria

Anyone but blind Freddy can see what the Feds and Berejiklian are up to - the Feds NEED NSW votes to win the next Federal election, they know that traditionally Victoria has been a Labor stronghold, so if they try to make NSW look good and Victoria look bad then the small minded bastards think that this will swing the vote in their favour

Dan called them out to show what a bunch of pricks they are, not that anyone one was doubting it before
4 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 07:23 AM   #14625
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
I would argue that the spread will be worse. So many vaccinated people wandering around without symptoms. It will go nuts when the restrictions are first lifted. It's probably a contributing factor to the Vic and NSW numbers now
I was under the impression that the more people that get vaccinated would result in a lower chance of transmission and also a lower of the viruses "strength" as if it is passed from someone who is vaccinated then their reaction will be lessened and hence the transmission from them would be reduced and then the cycle continues from there.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 08-09-2021, 08:43 AM   #14626
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post

Don't feel sorry, feel angry, very angry, everytime i see ScoMo and his little band of brown nosing opine like underlings on TV, bullsh.ting their way through interviews, I am transported back in time to the TV show "Lost in Space" and they are lost in their own headspaces, but in reality I wouldn't know what to do in that position, except say " I failed in my duty to the people of Australia " and resign!

Cheers a Billy
Old 08-09-2021, 09:47 AM   #14627
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
What's this I hear about Northern Sydney being the first out of lockdown in NSW?

Current cases in northern Sydney = 484
Current cases in Southern NSW, Illawarra Shoalhaven, Central Coast, Hunter NE, Mid North Coast and Northern NSW combined = 442

Sound about right for the Democratic People's Republic of Afgladistan
How many LGA's are in your northern syd count ? doesn't look right from my viewing.
I see 270 infections, not that I care whichever area they start with tbh.
No matter where someone will say otherwise.
IMO the regional areas/central coast etcetc should be first and foremost opened when ready, obviously Sydney CBD needs to open somewhere to get the ball rolling.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 08-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #14628
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Ah but people do understand this.
People who think that we live in an economy, not a society, and to whom money is everything.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 10:46 AM   #14629
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I was under the impression that the more people that get vaccinated would result in a lower chance of transmission and also a lower of the viruses "strength" as if it is passed from someone who is vaccinated then their reaction will be lessened and hence the transmission from them would be reduced and then the cycle continues from there.
Sort of. The viral load in vaccinated people (who may well be asymptomatic) doesn't appear to be any lower than that for unvaccinated so they are just as capable of spreading it - the only positive is that less of them should get it in the first place, or that's the current belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
This is what we we have seen in other countries that have opened up like the UK. Case numbers increase substantially as do mortalities because there are simply too many left unvaccinated.

I'm going to have a rant this morning about the various state governments all going off to do their own thing with 'proof of vax' apps. Apart from them all wasting a shed load of taxpayer money on apps that will probably not work that well (based on what we have seen so far), it's actually a Federal responsibility to provide a national app given that they hold the root data in Medicare about who has been vaccinated and when - beside which when it comes to international travel the Feds will have to provide that certification as well.

That's without starting on making the 'proof' viable and free from forgery given that you can already buy digital vax certificates for a number of European countries on-line!

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 12:40 PM   #14630
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 7th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,499 new cases for Australia and 8 deaths so the CMR is 1.627%.

21 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.708%.

The UK had a lower 37,179 cases yesterday and higher 209 deaths for a CMR of 1.892%.

A higher 264,637 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 1,848 deaths (some of both carried over from the weekend) sees CMR at 1.626%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 222M, the last 1M in 3 days;

Africa moves below the 90th percentile for the 10 day period;
The UK moves above Russia to have the highest case numbers in Europe;

DRC (570);
Mongolia (3,963); and
Sri Lanka (5,914);

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Serbia moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-09-2021, 12:44 PM   #14631
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW records 1,480 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases slightly to 1.0250 (from 1.0218) while the actual line falls heads back toward the predictive trend line.

VIC records 221 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.1173 (from 1.1727) while the actual line is now below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #14632
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Restrictions in regional Vic (apart from Shepparton, sorry Trev!) will ease as of tomorrow night.

Full list of restrictions is available here.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 08-09-2021, 02:02 PM   #14633
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not happy, we had no cases Sunday, no cases yesterday, no cases today, what are they waiting for? Tell what the hold up is so we know
Old 08-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #14634
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Restrictions in regional Vic (apart from Shepparton, sorry Trev!) will ease as of tomorrow night.

Full list of restrictions is available here.

I can only hope that regional NSW gets a similar treatment but I am not holding my breath. Ill be hitting up airbnb quick smart if we do.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 02:36 PM   #14635
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
It was very telling that Dan Andrews called our Greg Hunt and Gladys Berejiklian yesterday for doing under the desk deals with vaccine doses yesterday - Dan has been very cool this who epidemic, been paying with a very straight bat considering the belting he has copped from Berejiklian and the Feds

And here are the Feds calling Victoria out for failing to reach vaccine targets, all the while Hunt has been slipping Berejiklian vaccines on the sly, vaccines that should have come to Victoria

Anyone but blind Freddy can see what the Feds and Berejiklian are up to - the Feds NEED NSW votes to win the next Federal election, they know that traditionally Victoria has been a Labor stronghold, so if they try to make NSW look good and Victoria look bad then the small minded bastards think that this will swing the vote in their favour
Dan called them out to show what a bunch of pricks they are, not that anyone one was doubting it before
Trevor everyone knows all politicians are going to bag each other playing political games! nothing new here so why do you keep on whinging about it. Dan is no better than the other Premiers along with Scomo.

PS: Sick to death of hearing your political diatribe in this topic.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:42 PM   #14636
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Not happy, we had no cases Sunday, no cases yesterday, no cases today, what are they waiting for? Tell what the hold up is so we know
For all the people who are possibly still quarantining in Shepparton; you should know the Health Department won't clear your area until they are absolutely certain they have contained the virus.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:45 PM   #14637
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Doesn't answer your question in detail, Trev, but consider it to be a 'mopping up' exercise.

Shepparton restrictions may ease next week
On Shepparton, we would hope to have Shepparton catch up to the rest of regional Victoria sometime next week and we'll make those announcements as soon as we have tidied up the last bits of the outbreak there.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 02:47 PM   #14638
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Ok, my bad. I read the bold bit in your first post as implying the company didn't know what to do and was seeking advice from DHHS.

Yes, I could imagine on a large site, having a positive case would certainly set the cat amongst the pigeons and cause a bit of anxiety for fellow employees.

The site I work on has 500 company employees, and about the same in contractors on site at any one time. We also have a major outage on for one of our units, and that normally gets an extra 500 odd employees on site at any one time, too, including specialists from overseas. You can imagine how tense people are already, without any cases in the local community. I struggle to think what it would be like if we had a confirmed case on site.

Needless to say I'm pretty happy to be WFH atm.

Good luck, Itsme, let us know how things pan out.
All under control with only 5 quarantining from another department, management needs to pick up on their communications skills to the workforce but everyone is coping. As one can expect the workforce here is still bit on edge and taking the covid rules with extra care which is is one thing I suppose.
Cheers.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 02:49 PM   #14639
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Trevor everyone knows all politicians are going to bag each other playing political games! nothing new here so why do you keep on whinging about it. Dan is no better than the other Premiers along with Scomo.

PS: Sick to death of hearing your political diatribe in this topic.
thank you

Here's a deal, I will stop when the Libs stop - sound fair?
Old 08-09-2021, 02:51 PM   #14640
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
For all the people who are possibly still quarantining in Shepparton; you should know the Health Department won't clear your area until they are absolutely certain they have contained the virus.
all the initial Day 13 people have been tested, I guess it is to wait until they are confident that they have accounted for all the cases

I gotta tell ya, I am pretty happy with Shepp people, they have really rallied to get it out of town as quickly as possible
Closed Thread