Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2021, 03:40 PM   #1
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Automotive manufacturing could return to Australia, Robyn Denholm claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
They have similar leave entitlements to ours. I've looked. Keep beating that drum though

The more efficient part is because they work in mega factories geared up to build 200,000 + vehicles per year. That was the biggest killer of Broady, it could never build enough vehicles for economy of scale, when it was maxed out at about 100,000 cars a year.
Wel obviously you are too young and blind to have noticed that Aust had a pretty good manufacturing and export industry until about the mid eighties,then it all went pear shaped,but it wasn’trapidly increasing wages!!!!(inflation high teens to twenty percent),so I don’t really know what you reckon was the problem
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 03:50 PM   #2
hayseed

Default Re: Automotive manufacturing could return to Australia, Robyn Denholm claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Wel obviously you are too young and blind to have noticed that Aust had a pretty good manufacturing and export industry until about the mid eighties,then it all went pear shaped,but it wasn’trapidly increasing wages!!!!(inflation high teens to twenty percent),so I don’t really know what you reckon was the problem
I suggest that you Google.. Button car Plan...
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2021, 04:35 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Duh. Tariffs had nothing to do with it obviously

Try researching before you post crap.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: