Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #1
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Default That bloody ad for Inghams Chicken

Am watching Family Guy and just saw an ad for Inghams Chicken something-or-others. Kievs, I think. Whatever has garlic and stuff inside. Anyway, the word "bloody" seems to be used quite a bit, and it's done quite humourously, I thought.

But I'm curious about one thing. Has anyone else seen this ad and does it appear to anyone else as a ИИИИ-take on the dramas that came from the 'Where the bloody hell are you?' ad?

You know, all the uproar about the word 'bloody', and then this ad for chicken seems to throw as much emphasis on poor language, mostly the word 'Bloody', and it just seems like it's a direct attempt to stir people up.

Perhaps why the first time I've seen it is so late at night.

Funny stuff though, I thought it was a good ad. Starts off with the mother picking up her daughter from school and ends at the dinner table. You'll know it when you see it.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #2
crusher
Dirty ute club member

I LOVE this ad!

It hilarious. "Where did you learn that from?" next minute shes screamin her head off an carrying on. Funny as.

This ads on during the day too. Never seen someone complain. Probly cos its funny as fu.ck.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #3
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Haven't seen the ad, but feel the need to go off topic a bit. Inghams chicken, I went to tafe with a bloke who used to work for them. He said the room where they stuck up the chickens to go through the process to become frozen chooks used to get pretty dirty and at the end of each day they would hose it out. Some seagulls would hang about and get washed up too and also stuck in system. Of course all the small chickens and seagulls would be rejected and thus would become the bits that are used for those frozen chicken fillets and snitzhels etc. So next time you eat their chicken just have a think and wodner if this story is true............
Old 24-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
gww64

mmmmmm. Love the taste of seagulls :
gww64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
Phil91EB

Some family group had a winge about that ad and now it is only shown after 9pm.
2006 BF Falcon
Phil91EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Haven't seen the ad, but feel the need to go off topic a bit. Inghams chicken, I went to tafe with a bloke who used to work for them. He said the room where they stuck up the chickens to go through the process to become frozen chooks used to get pretty dirty and at the end of each day they would hose it out. Some seagulls would hang about and get washed up too and also stuck in system. Of course all the small chickens and seagulls would be rejected and thus would become the bits that are used for those frozen chicken fillets and snitzhels etc. So next time you eat their chicken just have a think and wodner if this story is true............
You think we're gull-ible???
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #7
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
My dad worked as an electrician at Steggles, and before he eats any chicken meal, he always asks where the chicken came from, he refuses to eat it at all. Some of the stories he used to come home with, : Hasn't eaten KFC for years, though im not sure if they still use Steggles. He hasnt worked at Ingham's, and Im guessing he dosn't want to so he wont have to give up eating there chickens as well!
Old 24-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #8
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

KFC use both suppliers i think.
Old 24-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #9
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Maybe it was just in Mareeba they used Steggles then
Old 24-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #10
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Yeah depends on where ya are, but that latest ad campaign on "Fresh is Best" or whatever, had both trucks pulled up at the KFC.