Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-03-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
act2617

Default California town now 'smoke-free'

http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/p...510623,00.html

act2617 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

mmmm, wont be long (must give up or take longer drives.. never smoked in the car)

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #3
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only in America......unfortunately the Qld govt is considering banning smoking,eating,drinking(softies) in cars at the present.

So whats next you can't talk to your pax.

This goes back to a thread I posted last year about "Dick Johnson said on Aunty" he is a member of several road safety committees...in which he stated the above should not be allowed.

What DJ fails to remember is...the early days of Bathurst where drivers would eat their lunch during their stint and....(god forbid) smoke while they were racinging.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
max
LWBforME

What a load of utter ccccccrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaap! I suppose belching diesel/petrol fumes don't hurt the trees! Been to California? Smog capital of the planet.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Just adds another reason (were one needed) not to go there.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 02:02 AM   #6
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

Well I'll be the first and say what a great move, they stink like ИИИИИ. I don't care if people smoke, just not near me. I hate when some idiot blows it in my face. The sooner they ban it the better. No actually, I say put more chemicals in them, kill off the people that a stupid enough to smoke in the first place...
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #7
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think its great! should be law here too.

I just cant stand it down at children type events, like carols by candlelight or whatever, when there are thousands of people around, and one idiot lights up blowing smoke in all the little kids faces. Certainly should be illegal here too. The 6 metre rule is quite logical, and not too bad for smokers I would say.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
I think its great! should be law here too.

I just cant stand it down at children type events, like carols by candlelight or whatever, when there are thousands of people around, and one idiot lights up blowing smoke in all the little kids faces. Certainly should be illegal here too. The 6 metre rule is quite logical, and not too bad for smokers I would say.
agree