Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #91
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
huntsman can close there pores so yeah bug spray aint totally effective....

i quite like huntsmans......i get some big ones in my house and i just leave em be.....im not sure the odds but i doubt there gonna attack me while im sleeping....my gf gos berko tho.....whole can of mortein on one poor spider.....i hate watching them die slowly
My fiancee hates them ... I don't worry about them .... they eat the other bugs.

But my fiancee will say that close pores are no match for a shoe ... hee hee
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #92
gozza

yeah well i end up whacking them with a shoe because they crawl around all retarded looking......one day i decided to spray a grasshoppper with bug spray......it died for about 15 mins and i felt like an ***....ever since feels its misery i don't go out of my way to kill bugs

especially ants...if they somehow get in and find somthing they will eat it all and leave with out a trace lol
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #93
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

As much as i fear spiders ive managed to remove plenty of them in a peaceful manner over the years (i.e. "Oooh - there's a spider, get rid of it" *me raises foot* "No, no - dont kill it - put it outside" *me sighs*). Do not enjoy doing it as even reading this makes my skin crawl a bit. But hey - part of the australian way of life...

I do take some comfort knowing that hunstmans are not inherently poisonous - but the bites do sting a bit - and you can also have problems depending on what they've been eating i.e. infection from a non-venemous bite can be rather painful.
Old 17-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #94
McobraR
me may my mo

I remember on TV they said huntsmans are actually friendly. They showed this lil girl (maybe 6yo) in a spider institute playing around with one bigass motherИИИИИer, but it just crawled around her shoulders and arms, and that thing had like a leg span of about 10-15cm. But still, me stepping on one still brings tingles down my spine, imagine if it was radioactive and i turned into spiderman, that would be an exception.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #95
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Leave them be, they will keep your insect population down.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 07:44 PM   #96
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Heres a photo of Derek- he's a large Huntsman who normally resides in the boot of my BA. I haven't seen him for a few weeks and I suspect that Derek is a female as I keep finding small huntsmen running around the roof lining!

I have another pic of Derek wandering over my fuel filler cover and to give you some idea of his size, his leg span pretty much covers it! if I can find that pic, I'll post it too.

If you look at the twigs in the driveway crack, his legs are about as thick as them! Sleep well!

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #97
LUXO_8
windsor user

had a nice big huntsman in a headlight i was dismantling at work, put my soldering iron near it, and it was fully attacking the hot soldering iron..till it kinda stopped moving...........thought that was quite funny.........
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #98
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i had one on the outside of my windscreen in the EA, its leg was stuck under the wiper ( i just flicked them back after washing it and didnt no it was stuck) i thought i was smart by turning on the wipers to brush it off, and smeared it all over the windscreen with little bits coming in the drier window.... better it was stuck though, as it would have probly landed in my lap....ahhh, good times....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 01:58 AM   #99
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

IMHO don't be so scared. They are good at getting rid of bugs and so on. Bigger they are more they'll eat. That and they are about as interested in you as you are in them. They'll only get angry if really provoked. Keep your Windows on your car closed and your all good.

If my partner wasn't so deathly scared of spiders i would happly let Huntsmans wander around inside.

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #100
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

I had one that lived in my Dodge he had his spot above the back door
he would come out about once a fortnight, my theory was that he lived there before I brought the Dodge so I had no right to remove him.
We got along famously as he didnot bother me and I did not bother him, about three months before I pulled the Dodge off the road to start the rebuild I did not see him any more, I guess he died of old age.

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post