Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-03-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dodge Caliber SRT4 Coming !!!

A Fire-Breathing SRT hot hatch has been added to the Dodge Australia wishlist.

The American brand, which will crank up its Australian operations mid-year, is keen to get hold of the new Caliber SRT4 now on show in Geneva.

It looks almost certain that the SRT4 will come here — it has been confirmed for right-hand-drive production — but Dodge Australia is still waiting for final approval.

The turbo-charged small Caliber SRT4 can do 0-100km/h in six seconds. Its boosted 2.4-litre, four-cylinder pumps 223kW and 353Nm.

All that grunt is fed through the front wheels, with a limited-slip differential helping to keep it all under control.

The SRT4 runs a special six-speed manual gearbox. It stands out from other Caliber models thanks to a big turbo bonnet scoop and a body kit including new bumpers, roof-mounted spoiler and 19-inch alloy wheels.

It has sports seats, carbon-fibre look dash panels, performance gauges and a top sound system.

SRT, the performance arm of Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep, offers increased performance and styling upgrades of existing models.

Chrysler expects a big impact when the potent V8 300C SRT goes on sale next month for about $75,000. The sedan packs a 6.1-litre Hemi V8 with 313kW and 570Nm.

Chrysler Australia chief Gerry Jenkins says he could sell a "couple of hundred" 300C SRT8s a year, but at this stage has secured only 75.

The importer hopes it can also offer the SRT version of the 300C Touring model, but Chrysler bosses in Detroit are yet to confirm the plan.

Both cars come with 20-inch alloy wheels, Brembo brakes, sports suspension, body kits and sports interior. Chrysler Australia can confirm the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is coming here this year.

Chrysler says the Grand Cherokee, which has the same engine as the two hot 300C SRTs, is faster than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, posting 0-100km/h in about five seconds.

The drive system has been altered to handle the extra power.

The SRT8 Grand Cherokee system feeds 90 per cent of power to the rear wheels in normal driving conditions. If the rear wheels slip, the system can send much of the power to the front to gain traction.

Jeep lowered the fast off-roader's ride height, fitted it with 20-inch alloys and revised the suspension, including specially-tuned dampers and custom sway bars.

Jenkins says the Grand Cherokee SRT8 will have the off-road capability of a Jeep, but has been developed as a sportscar. Pricing is not yet set.

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 01:10 AM   #2
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Very Nice!!!
Old 15-03-2006, 01:21 AM   #3
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

It looks quiet nice

"Chrysler says the Grand Cherokee, which has the same engine as the two hot 300C SRTs, is faster than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, posting 0-100km/h in about five seconds."

that sounds very nice :
Old 15-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #4
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Chrysler seem to be doing some great things at the moment, all seemingly coming from a solid platform of products.

As for the 300C SRT8, what a bargain! Such a car may end up killing off all my best laid financial plans and strategies, but what a way to go!
Old 15-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
chief
FTF Club Moderator

The SRT8 Cherokee comes fatcory with 20" rims, lowered suspension, Brembo ect and is faster than the Cayanne Turbo. I have been inside a Cayanne and these things fly. So to be able to do that with all the options as standard is a real positive for Chrysler.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #6
MRSXR-8
I'm a V8 Mum..

All i know is that i would love to own one!!! They look mean!

If you have a look on the Dodge website - www.dodge.com.au you can see more about the car such the features inside and out.

Does anyone know how much they cost? Can't find a price anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Bobby (Ricky Bobby's father)....
Shut up, you little pot-lickers, or I'll shove you in the microwave....
MRSXR-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post