Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #31
act2617

But General Motors product development chief Bob Lutz says the Commodore's anticipated near-two-tonne body .......

I think I will keep my XR6 6 Turbo MK2 !!
act2617 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #32
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Ford US reackons it will use lighter materials by 2010.

Technically in OZ the BF outsold the VZ in 2005. They get the extra sales due to exports.
hey do u know how many went over seas cus thats pretty interesting...
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:36 PM   #33
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev5 ute
hey do u know how many went over seas cus thats pretty interesting...
about 30,000 or so went overseas. Falcon Freak seems to have the figures at his fingertips. I know Ford outsold Holden by about 400 cars i think.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #34
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
That may have been the case but Ford have been cutting production numbers due to lower demand. Supply caught up with demand more than a year ago. You are correct about the one eyed Holden buyers though, most of the sheep would buy a Commodore no matter how bad it was.
Yeah I agree

I think its quiet clear these days that the Falcon is a much better car then the Commodore (Current models) but alot of people seem to not give a sh*t if it wears a Holden badge they still buy it.

Probably because of Holden having a much more popular fan base over the last few years aswell.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #35
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
about 30,000 or so went overseas. Falcon Freak seems to have the figures at his fingertips. I know Ford outsold Holden by about 400 cars i think.
The numbers I have at 'my finger tips' are the offical numbers issued by the FAPM. The summaries for 2005 were previously posted on this fourm:

2005 local vehicle sales

2005 local vehicle production

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #36
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will be interesting to see what the media say about a heavier Holden. Ford was heavily criticised for the BA being heavier and thirstier than AU. By my recolection though it had 25% more power with only 5% worse fuel consumption.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #37
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
It will be interesting to see what the media say about a heavier Holden. Ford was heavily criticised for the BA being heavier and thirstier than AU. By my recolection though it had 25% more power with only 5% worse fuel consumption.
Ford always cop more criticism than Holden. When the VT was released and it was 100+ kgs heavier no one said much but when Ford released the BA it was mentioned everywhere. Same with Scruby saying the Typhoon was a death trap speed machine when the HSV's are more powerful with a higher top speed.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #38
Lagom

Quote:
Technically in OZ the BF outsold the VZ in 2005. They get the extra sales due to exports.
Well, Falcon wise you'd have aggregate BAII & BF figures to have any hope of doing so (given the release date of the BF ;)). I'd argue the Commodore still outsold Falcon simply because the figures posted here include Territory.

Standard VFACTS figures DO NOT include export figures. Otherwise, Toyota's Camry & Avalon would be outselling Ford!
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #39
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Don't be so sure. HSV do not modify their engines in any way shape or form.

They get the LS2 from America making 400hp 400ftlbs (299kW 542Nm). They put it in the Commodore that's gonna become some sort of HSV, and due to the different exhaust setup in the Commodore to Corvette, it goes down to 398hp 391ftlbs (297kW 530Nm). If the LS2 is only at 400hp in the way they get it, who's to say they will get more? HSV just slots engines into cars. They don't actually DO anything to them.
True but the LS2 has no extractors (if im wrong then someone whoop me *** lol), that means its still has room for more power. And i thought the LS1 is 225kw from america, if the current holdens now have 250kw, then it clearly shows that holden does do somethin to the engines.
On another note, i didnt know that the falc outsells the commodore here in australia.....now thats just awesome! But if what LAGOM is saying is true, then thats no good.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 12:54 AM   #40
nb_351
building the xe...

yeah lets just hope it (orion) doesnt turn out as an onion.... like the au did... although it was a decent car, and still is... it wasnt the best looking model... just hope it lives up to expectations...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post