Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #1
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: Message for the "anti-roads" fraternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Best way to ultimately reduce traffic congestion is create bottle necks!

JP
The best way to reduce a patients clogged arteries is to give them more chocking cholesterol, that does seem to be what what you're saying?
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2015, 12:07 AM   #2
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
The best way to reduce a patients clogged arteries is to give them more chocking cholesterol, that does seem to be what what you're saying?

In a way yes I am. I guarantee the patient will stop complaining after a while!
the family will move on and maybe even find an alternate method to kill themselves than the burger and chips. Society will suffer less wasted money on health, and palliative care.
Of course a road system is nothing like the arteries within the human body. If blood stops circulating a patient dies, it cant find an alternative route and the patient still dies. A road network is a flexible thing. A road block causes some delay, the drivers find an alternate route, they earn less money but nobody dies, the city doesn't grind to a halt, it evolves, it decides to invest in public transport to eradicate the camry driving road cholesterol or it wastes money on more roads to also become clogged with traffic.
Bit like smoking, want people to stop because their habit is costing the taxpayer billions in health care, tax it heavily and more people stop. clog the roads and more people are forced to find alternatives, and a smart city provides the smartest mode to move more people...public transport.
There are bigger forces at play than your desire to commute in your car, societal engineering forces for the betterment of our economy and society.

I like traffic jams! they slow the cars down, making them slower and therefore safer so they don't get in my way when I smugly wizz past on my bike as I head to the local inner city cafe to sip my latte, with my gay, educated buddies while munching tofu burgers and burn effigies of **** poor decision makers and the self entitled natives as I plot to ruin your day!

JP.
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
In a way yes I am. I guarantee the patient will stop complaining after a while!
the family will move on and maybe even find an alternate method to kill themselves than the burger and chips. Society will suffer less wasted money on health, and palliative care.
Of course a road system is nothing like the arteries within the human body. If blood stops circulating a patient dies, it cant find an alternative route and the patient still dies. A road network is a flexible thing. A road block causes some delay, the drivers find an alternate route, they earn less money but nobody dies, the city doesn't grind to a halt, it evolves, it decides to invest in public transport to eradicate the camry driving road cholesterol or it wastes money on more roads to also become clogged with traffic.
Bit like smoking, want people to stop because their habit is costing the taxpayer billions in health care, tax it heavily and more people stop. clog the roads and more people are forced to find alternatives, and a smart city provides the smartest mode to move more people...public transport.
There are bigger forces at play than your desire to commute in your car, societal engineering forces for the betterment of our economy and society.

I like traffic jams! they slow the cars down, making them slower and therefore safer so they don't get in my way when I smugly wizz past on my bike as I head to the local inner city cafe to sip my latte, with my gay, educated buddies while munching tofu burgers and burn effigies of **** poor decision makers and the self entitled natives as I plot to ruin your day!

JP.
Too many social discourses attached JP. My head spinneth...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post