Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #31
damo6
turbo pilot

Default Re: Reduced Speed Tolerance Nets $8M windfall for QPS

This ones for Brisbane locals, the camera that's on the goatway motorway at nundah near the nudgee rd turn off,only the southbound is a greed camera,the northbound directly opposite is a vehicle monitoring camera that's why south has the signs,north doesn't,but of course govco won't tell you that.I found out via an anonymous trans dpt worker.
damo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #32
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11 View Post
Be very careful 1 kilometre over costs you$146 in Queensland . Not my fine its from Facebook.
that looks like it was scribbled out by my 15 month old nephew.......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #33
EVLKNEVL

Even my doctor has more legible handwriting than that!
EVLKNEVL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xauterus View Post
Why not take that further and have black boxes fitted to new cars that detect the speed limit from gps. Then it could limit speed of car. No speeding fines and no killer k's over the limit.
How does no sound?

But Ford have apparently put something akin to a black box in the FG's.
From the User Manual:

Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #35
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpacman View Post
You are quite within your legal rights to dispute any infringement notice or to defend the matter in a Court in due course.

Having regard to the information I can see written on that notice, I can only reiterate my earlier comment - 'no way I'd accept it if it were mine.'

Unfortunately due to professional reasons I'll have to refrain from making any further comment on this one so please don't think I've taken my bat and ball and gone home sulking!

Paule11 do you know the person to whom this was issued? If so it would be interesting to hear the outcome. Quite frankly I think Humphrey B Bear could successfully defend this one.

Russ.
Friend of a friend young girl
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #36
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is your car built before or after 2006? Different tolerances allowed under the ADR's if it was. 10% plus OR minus before 2006.

Well, that'll teach motorists...stare at your speedo, not the road...

Oh, and before some apparently god-like expert driver hops in and says "you should be able to feel the speed of your car without looking at the speedo", I challenge them to get in a new quiet car and tell whether they are doing 58 or 62kph, or 98 or 102...
Yes, the "limit" is the "limit", but you should be secure in the knowledge that you can sit ON that limit and if you wander a kilometer or three either way, you won't be booked.

Oh for the highways of southern Nevada...limits between 65 and 75mph, and when I carefully set the cruise control on 75 because of the "highway patrol in this area" signs, I soon found we were getting overtaken by everyone...trucks, police cars, old ladies in Micras, everyone...
This was because "keeping the traffic flowing" was far more important than looking for some mad rash fool doing a few mph over the limit. As long as you weren't being silly, you were OK.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #37
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11 View Post
Be very careful 1 kilometre over costs you$146 in Queensland . Not my fine its from Facebook.
Just wow, greedy ****s.
Old 31-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like this Police Officer has been busy in Townsville

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1226792203056

Young girl is writing a letter appealing her fine
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #39
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QUEENSLAND'S top cop has threatened to lower speed tolerances even further in the new year if motorists ignore speed limits.

Since police first reduced speed tolerances - the window in which motorists can legally speed over the limit without being fined - earlier this year, they are on track to rake in more than $20 million extra a year in speeding revenue.

$146 FINE FOR DOING 1KM/H OVER LIMIT

In September alone police recorded a 23 per cent increase in detections.

Commissioner Ian Stewart said the measure had led drivers to slow down, saving lives, and could be used further.

"I'll watch the reductions and the trends in the speed levels,'' Mr Stewart said.

"If we hit a plateau it is highly likely I will continue to reduce the tolerance levels.''

The tolerance margin is the number of kilometres motorists are allowed to exceed the speed limit before being fined for speeding.

The tolerance margin is the number of kilometres motorists are allowed to exceed the speed limit before being fined for speeding.

Halfway through the year the road toll was about 20 deaths higher than at the same time last year. Since then there has been a drop in the rate of fatalities, with fewer deaths now than at the same time last year.

Mr Stewart said: "That's a huge turnaround and I'm very grateful the public seems to be getting the message that if they drive to the conditions and they drive to the law that we all end up with a safer road environment.''

Extra police on the roads may have also contributed to drivers slowing down, he said.

"We are doing that consistently across the state and the public is seeing police out there more often.

When police announced the measure they said they would drop tolerances incrementally but would not reveal by how much.

"Partly that's been as a consequence of our focused effort on criminal motorcycle gangs.

"The government providing extra money for us to focus on eliminating CMGs means more time for our people in the road.

"When they're out there in public I think it has a really positive effect on road safety.

However it has been reported the first cut in July was 1km/h for speeding in 60km/h zones, followed by a second cut in September.

"Whilst we've only made two adjustments so far this year I will wait for the evaluation of how that's going,'' Mr Stewart said.

"If necessary I will continue to reduce that tolerance level. That is having an effect."I know from the figures we are getting the average speeds people are being booked for in comparison with last year is certainly dropping.

"My understanding is the fines are up, but the speed which people are being booked is reducing."

"So even though they're still being booked it's coming down. The lower the speeds are the more likely they are to survive a serious crash. That's having a major impact on the road toll as well.''

Police figures show the average detection speed of vehicles dropped in every speed zone from 40-100km/h since tolerances were changed, comparing speeds in June and October.
In 40km/h zones the average detection speed recorded by police was 54.04km/h in June which dropped to 52.74km/h in October.

Since August, a month after tolerances were changed, there have been increases of 21-23 per cent increase in speed detections each month compared to the same time the previous year.
The road toll was yesterday 272 compared to 280 at the same time last year.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226792222269
My Comment : This is getting fxxxg ridiculous!!! does this mean you will be booked for 58km/hr in a 60km/hr zone??????? How can you reduce the tolerance when it is now zero?????????
Old 31-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #40
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

greed, numbers, statistics, arrogance, fear, yep it's a fine country to live in. pun unintended.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #41
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post

Halfway through the year the road toll was about 20 deaths higher than at the same time last year. Since then there has been a drop in the rate of fatalities, with fewer deaths now than at the same time last year.

Mr Stewart said: "That's a huge turnaround and I'm very grateful the public seems to be getting the message that if they drive to the conditions and they drive to the law that we all end up with a safer road environment.''

Extra police on the roads may have also contributed to drivers slowing down, he said.
oh yeah im sure, the 20% decrease is all because people are sitting on the speed limit, or now just under the speed limit seeing as everyone is now ***** scared of being 1kmh over and copping a $150 fine

i hate it when they give 'statistics' and then say the drop in deaths is because of the new speed laws

(cheers for that link )
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post