Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Time to buy a boat !!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...-1226755030317

Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
xwgs302

Default Re: Time to buy a boat !!

I bought a 3.8m tinnie 6 months ago, and still haven't taken it out yet...
xwgs302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank goodness I'm moving to the top of the Great Divide in a few weeks!

Probably cheaper than a boat in the long run...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #4
Spurious

This story is such a load of hogwash! I bet Nat geo are just trying to boost magazine sales.

Here's my theory, the planet is how old? & the earth goes through these cycles regularly, over thousands of years that is. So why the big fuss, it's not as if ours or the next 10 generations will notice any change.

I like how the story say's "Bangladesh and its 160 million inhabitants would be wiped off the face of the world and 600 million Chinese would be forced to relocate".

So the Chinese will be safe but Bangladeshians can't move house or what?

I live on Tassie's north coast about 13 metres above sea level but Tas looks pretty much the same even with a 70m rise in water level...what's up with that?
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll drive my GT 335 extra hard when i get it. Hopefully Canberra will name one of their beaches after me!
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
I live on Tassie's north coast about 13 metres above sea level but Tas looks pretty much the same even with a 70m rise in water level...what's up with that?
Obviously these 'experts' have figured out that Tassie will float!
Old 11-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Awesome, Mt Macedon might become a beach side mountain
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anything to try and keep the public scared and believing in human-caused global warming I suppose...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe that C02 emissions must in somevway have some effect on the environment but I do not believe in the apocalypse we are heading for because of " global warming"

This is a whole new industry trying to justify its existence
Remember Y2K , planes were going to fall out of the sky , bank accounts were going to disappear, water supplies were going to be contaminated and your toaster would stop working. So what happened ...... Nothing
A lot of people made a lot of money through a very successful scare campaign

If its unusually warm, it's global warming if its unusually cold it's global warming , if its warm when its supposed to be cold and visa versa its global warming ..... So they always have an answer

Extream weather has been around since they started keeping records and global warming has been happening since the ice age

It's a crock
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #10
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote from the article:
Quote:
The changes are predicted to happen over thousands of years unless steps are taken to combat rising temperatures from climate change.
And man would somehow be able to combat this natural phenomenon? Are these real scientists writing this rubbish? This has been happening already over many thousands of years, with the continents/islands constantly evolving. If man wasn't on Earth it would still be happening.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #11
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I read that one , i think they are quoting one or two millimeters rise per year? quick run for the high ground ! man the life boats ! raise the misen mast !

I have no trouble with climate change, our little rock has been in a state of change long before we where here, and will be long after we are gone, i do have trouble with the way they sorta push the CO2 is the only thing causing climate change, and only paying UN a carbon tax fee will fix it, and how politically/agenda driven it is.
i don't know what the answer is, but i don't think they really know, but i do think with creating fear, money and power can be had by those in the right places.

some say it is actually temperature driving a lot of co2 production rather than the other way around,

they also seem to not make any reference to the fact that out side influences may be also effecting climate.
volcano activity and earth quakes active more often recently, our fault?
i doubt it.
also other solar activity happening, comet ison inbound for close encounter with the sun, comet enke, comet love joy, and another comet brewington in the neighborhood.
http://theskylive.com/

apparently these comets can have an electrical effect that allegedly can interact/trigger solar flare and cause a bit of agro space weather possibly heading our way from the sun, possibly causing black outs etc, etc, among other things
US has been having practice drills in case a big percentage of the power goes out apparently in the next month or so, 800 fema camps in case of emergency?
be interested to hear your take on the camps Moby.

A boat? don't think i'll bother unless i'm going skiing, .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #12
monte.b

there is a song about building a beach house in the blue mountains ,mr conners i believe wrote it ,might be worth a thought
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte.b View Post
there is a song about building a beach house in the blue mountains ,mr conners i believe wrote it ,might be worth a thought
Nice call, not a bad song, a pretty fair video too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwGdICfOqF4
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #14
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jet skis pull the hot chicks in rising waters
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Why is it that all those espousing rising sea levels like Tim Flannery, Julia Gillard, Kevin Rudd, Al Gore, and every other self-flagellating expert has a house on the water front? Surely if they believed in their aural rod-walloping they'd sell up and move to higher ground?

I smell BS and a lot of money to be made from keeping the con going.

Quote: