Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #121
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Opel shutting down in Australia effective immediately

JGG66ME...You must have been unlucky, I had a HZ Kingswood and a towed a caravan all around WA, no problems for a year...Then I had a VB Commodore..it droppped a valve in the first week..engine was replaced..you never know..thats why Australia needs lemon laws..
Old 11-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #122
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
JGG66ME...You must have been unlucky, I had a HZ Kingswood and a towed a caravan all around WA, no problems for a year...Then I had a VB Commodore..it droppped a valve in the first week..engine was replaced..you never know..thats why Australia needs lemon laws..
We where resignalling the railway from Port Curtis out as far as Tolmies. After this job my company went to a Ford only policy that only changed in the late 1990s. I the days before mobile phones it happened on a few occasions that I had to walk miles to a railway signal and phone train control in Rocky to send out a rescue party. It was not good when they broke down when you where miles from the main road. They where not driven that hard either. You could't speed in the things as they ran out of steam at about 130kmh.

Was your HZ a V8? I don't think 308s had issues but I should imagine the 253 with tri-matic would not be good. The tri-matic was designed by Opel for applications behind a 2 litre engine. God knows what possessed Holden to put them behind a 4.2 litre V8.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #123
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

JG66ME no the 202..wagon.....manual...
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #124
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
JG66ME no the 202..wagon.....manual...
That would exclude the tri-matic issues and it probably ran cooler being a manual. We had a HQ panelvan and a HQ one tonner. They where manuals and they gave little trouble.

The HZ'z we had where bought new. One was my Dad's company car, a wagon, one was my bosses, also a wagon and one was the Project Engineer's car, a sedan. The Commodore was bought for an Engineer that came out on secondment from the UK. He thought it was gutless for a 3.3 litre car. He was expecting a rocket ship with an engine that size.

The XC Wagon was working out of Gympie and it was a good car. It was a 4.1 auto.

I think we have gone too far off topic, sorry.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #125
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
...which seems to be the way a lot of people would really like it to be...no choice, two cars on sale in Australia, you take what you get given and "compromise"...just shrug and take it, ignoring the best the world has to offer and being happy with what you get dished out and don't say "Please sir, may I have some more?".
Are you for real. No ones saying it should be 2 cars only, it never has been, even when the market was biased towards 2 cars if you wanted something imported you could still get it if you wanted it. Enough of the idea that the market is ever going back to the days of heavy tariffs cause it's not going to happen, even heard Bill Shorten say that at our meeting on Thursday.

But what's so wrong with the locally made cars having incentives on them for anyone who buys one. If you don't agree that's ok then you should hang your head in shame.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #126
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

They can have incentives on them for sure I have no problem with that what so ever, if it helps sales then why not.
Still not for me though.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #127
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Opel pulled the pin because they couldn't afford to cut their prices to match rivals, how will sticking a Holden badge on them change this????

Makes no sense.
Exactly. How will a Holden Astra improve sales of something called a Cruze, which is made here, when they're looking to get as much volume as possible.

So having said this Holden probably thinks its a non brainer business decision and will proceed forthwith at great pace to find they just f'ed themselves.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #128
Corzza

Look out Peugot trying to take over the exisiting Opel dealer sites

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post