Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Default Re: ACA - Parking Vigilantes

Im actually making an effort to have my vehicle featured on that page.
Im thinking of putting a carton down as the prize of a 1 month challenge with mates.
Winner is the person who gets the most epic , stupid parking picture of their own vehicle posted.
Old 21-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so am i cool cos i do it deliberately not cos i stoopids..
This user likes this post:
Old 21-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

oops.
Old 21-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #34
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

^^^^^That's a "Top" parking effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
im a two parking spots gang official member.. im usually well out the back parked on my lonesome away from the door bangers..

this one was near closing time.. 5 min run inside hope thats ok with the sooks..

a little while back i was shooting the **** with a few bros in a fine fast food dining carpark..

a big flatscreen, soccer mum, mouth breather pulled up next to mine.. as soon as it came to stop doors went flying open and 50 kids piled out..

we just looked at each other.. yep thats why i am a **** that takes up two parks..
FPV's & classics are exempt.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Old 21-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #35
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver 45 View Post
FPV's & classics are exempt.
why?????

when in the coupe, i did park like pottery does (and still do on the very odd occasion it see a car park), but it isn't the type of car that is parked incorrectly that matters, it is the circumstance as to why that is important

and the problem is, virtually none of the rentacops have any idea as to why a car is parked incorrectly in the first place
Old 21-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #36
gtxb67

i am not sure what is scarier - the millions of rentacops we have in this world, or
the fact that people actually have so little to do with their time, they even look at the pages in question
i was bored crapless after 30 seconds - entertainment????? i can see it at the local woolies if i am that easily amused . . . .
there are thousands of car pages on facebook and people choose a "parking out of lines" page to look at

i just hope that every self righteous person who sends in a photo to those pages or others, gets the same medicine back
maybe someone will dob them into the epa for their exhausts
call the hoon hotline for their driving
dob them in for bald tyres or loud music or their dogs barking or . . . . . .
Old 21-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I think its just because people are sick of people parking like douches in the supermarket, and they're naming and shaming as such.

If you don't want to feature on the page, park properly.

The reasons I don't wash my cars are:

1) I'm lazy

2) You get your car all shiny and nice, make the effort to have it looking great and then some ****** opens their door into it at the shopping center, so I leave mine covered in brake dust, dirt etc. I used to do the whole 6 hours wash, clay bar, polish, wax and detail spray on my WS Fiesta then I just stopped giving a ****.

I've washed my Focus maybe 5 times since I've had it since 2011.

As long as the engine works, tyres are good, keep it serviced thats all I really care about these days.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-07-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 21-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #38
gtxb67

people are sick of anything that does not fit their personal emotions on the day
i would have no doubt that everyone who posts a picture of bad parking annoys the living crap out of someone else every day too

but that is different, i guess, but as long as the rentacop is happy, that is all that matters . . . for now anyway
Old 21-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #39
anolade
trigger happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
There is a Melbourne one too:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Sunbury has already featured twice, in that photo the owner of the Veloster is actually replying.

^ lol
ZOMG that's epic gonna have to try that in sunshine and see how long the bike stays there
enhanced by team at Blue Power Racing Developments
Now sold off and no longer owns a ford
Old 21-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #40
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post

oops.
"Don't move it or they'll see the damage "
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Old 21-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #41
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67 View Post
why?????
Tongue

In

Cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67 View Post
and the problem is, virtually none of the rentacops have any idea as to why a car is parked incorrectly in the first place
And what reason is there it ignore common courtesy? If you don't want your classic or prestige car not dinged scratched in anyway, DON'T drive it to the local shopping centre. Just because there is an inconsiderate person out there who will open their car door onto yours doesn't mean you have to be inconsiderate yourself. I don't understand how this concept is so hard..... Maybe I'm a little old fashioned about this manners thing....

There is no reason. Full stop.

As for the self righteous part. Yep I may be. But you won't find me incorrectly parked at anytime.

Sooooooo, knock yourself out!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 21-07-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 21-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #42
gtxb67

Quote:
Tongue

In

Cheek
i figured that may be the case, but believe it not, some people would agree if it wasn't tongue in cheek

Quote:
And what reason is there it ignore common courtesy? If you don't want your classic or prestige car not dinged scratched in anyway, DON'T drive it to the local shopping centre. Just because there is an inconsiderate person out there who will open their car door onto yours doesn't mean you have to be inconsiderate yourself. I don't understand how this concept is so hard..... Maybe I'm a little old fashioned about this manners thing....

There is no reason. Full stop
for the most part i agree - there is no reason to ignore common courtesy and there is generally no reason to park incorrectly - but sometimes it is unavoidable . . . . for example, because someone else has and is over the line in the last available space

however, common courtesy extends to more than just car parking, so why are the car parkers the only targets . . . is it because they are easy targets
i am sure if these brave anonymous folk saw a hells angels looking guy parking across 2 spots they would approach him . . . . . actually the weak things probably wouldn't even take a pic, would they

Quote:
As for the self righteous part. Yep I may be. But you won't find me incorrectly parked at anytime.
yep, i am sure you have always been polite, courteous and shown respect to all people you have met in person or on the net
Old 21-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #43
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its easy to understand why people deliberately take up two spots so as not to get their pride and joy door dented,
done it myself before, some turkeys have no respect for others property, i miss not having a dented up old **** box to leave in the high risk area's, such is the skill of some motorists they must drive into you when you are in a line of traffic stationery..........how would these turkeys be at parking?? at least if you cant park, these days you can buy one of these new cars that will park itself for you.
Old 21-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #44
Spurious

So you parked crooked & some wannabe cop with a camera & plastic badge snaps a pic & puts it online, & this affects my life how...? I don't care & I think most people won't waste their time looking at the website's either (unless severe boredom kicks in). At the local coles carpark here in ulverstone people "invent" their own parking spots, especially on busy "payday's" & if it's bad weather. The funny bit comes when 3 or 4 drivers leave & there's that one car left smack bang in the middle of nowhere. Then there's the elderly that double park while their passenger (usually the wife) "ducks" in to the shop. I swear most people would drive into the shop if they could & they'd still get upset when they can't reach a shelved product through their window! Obsessed with getting as close as possible they are. I always park in the same spot at coles...as far away as possible in a small towaway zone so labelled by an unused B&B next door (the sign actually say's "TOEAWAY" so it's not legally binding)...that sign is on my youtube channel LOL. Most folks are too scared to park there so I'm guaranteed a spot no matter what! Anywhere else I make sure I park correctly. Last thing I need is some vigilante damaging my car 'cause "they" don't like what they see. Jelous housos!

Last edited by Spurious; 21-07-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 21-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #45
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not hard to park a car. It's a basic driving skill and if you can't do it you shouldn't be allowed to drive in the first place. It's not hard, if you stuff up your park, spend an extra 30 seconds to fix it. Someone else is over the line, don't park next to them, you just shift the problem across the rest of the parking bays. Have a nice car you don't want damaged? Don't drive it to the shops then. Life really can be that easy.

I hate the argument that "there's so many bigger problems in the world, why does this matter?" By that logic, no one as any reason to be annoyed by anything.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #46
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't see why people need to take up 2 space to protect their pride and joy from damage.
I have been parking in single car spaces for 6 years now and am yet to receive any damage from someone parking next to me.
That 6 years included 1 year of working at a shopping centre and parking in the car park all shift. But still no damage. I must be the luckiest person in the world.
Or maybe it's because I don't squeeze in the the smallest space in the parkinglot right next to the shop door.
Park a few rows back from the shop. It will be better for your car and your health.
Old 22-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #47
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I prefer the Larry David approach;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfHvr1La2LI
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #48
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I don't see why people need to take up 2 space to protect their pride and joy from damage.
I have been parking in single car spaces for 6 years now and am yet to receive any damage from someone parking next to me.
That 6 years included 1 year of working at a shopping centre and parking in the car park all shift. But still no damage. I must be the luckiest person in the world.
Or maybe it's because I don't squeeze in the the smallest space in the parkinglot right next to the shop door.
Park a few rows back from the shop. It will be better for your car and your health.
I swung by the local supermarket last year in my dad's XY (which I don't often drive and even less often need to park anywhere) to pick up some loo paper. I don't usually take up 2 parks, but because I didn't want the car damaged I chose to park it straight up the middle of 2 spaces and a fair way back from the shops. As I got back to the car, the person in the Camry parked on my left (with over half a parking space gap between us) reversed out and still managed to clip the rear of the XY.

This is why people feel the need to take up 2 space to protect their pride and joy from damage.
Old 23-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #49
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear that some people key and deliberately damage cars that take up 2 spaces.
If you really want to protect your car, parking in a single space far from everyone else your car is probably least likely to get damaged.
Old 23-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #50
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I hear that some people key and deliberately damage cars that take up 2 spaces.
If you really want to protect your car, parking in a single space far from everyone else your car is probably least likely to get damaged.
If it gets deliberately vandalised or keyed, then insurance will cover it... but you can't go filing insurance claims for minor dents in the doors and getting the aluminium door strips/trims restored everytime someone carelessly opens their door on it, which I know happens frequently because dad used to take it to work a few times a month during summer/spring and had to stop doing this because it was getting ruined by careless morons.

I agree that it is perhaps selfish, or irritating to other motorists taking up 2 spots... but it is apparently too much to ask that people slow down and take some care in carparks, and it's apparently way too much to ask that people leave notes when they damage your car... so I don't see much alternative really.

Another observation I've made is that it's not kids who open their doors carelessly on other peoples cars, it's adults!
Old 23-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #51
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karj View Post
I don't usually take up 2 parks, but because I didn't want the car damaged I chose to park it straight up the middle of 2 spaces and a fair way back from the shops. As I got back to the car, the person in the Camry parked on my left reversed out and still managed to clip the rear of the XY.
This is why people feel the need to take up 2 space to protect their pride and joy from damage.
Apparently not...
Old 23-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #52
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The way I see it is if you park like a douche across multiple spots you might attract some scumbag who will do worse such as slash tyres or key the car.
Old 23-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #53
Matty4
Banana

Thank my lucky stars I don't have Facebook...

Then I'll never know...hehe
Old 23-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #54
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And another one bites the dust.
Closed Thread