Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #91
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Caltex axes up to 630 jobs with refinery closure

How can it not be true?
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #92
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
I live in Victoria, and work in Victoria.

I am not pointing to the mining industry as the holder of all of these jobs. In fact the opposite, I'm suggesting that lots of other industries are doing ok and are providing the lions share of employment at the moment.

As a side note, I moved to regional Victoria two years ago now from Melbourne. It was a big decision at the time with a 12 month old child, adult children etc however its been the best thing we ever did, and we enjoy it immensley. And at the moment there are lots of opportunites here. The place is growing, Melbourne is only 60 minutes down the freeway or train line if we need it, and we have zero complaints. I can point out 2 other major regional centres that are the same at the moment.

I guess what it all boils down to is change is inevitable, no matter what you do or what industry you work in, but with a little flexibility the opportunites are still enormous and you dont have to be in the middle of the Kimberly to take advantage of them.

Cheers
Agreed, change is inevtable, it's just change is happening to so many in a short period of time. Here in Qld public servants are joining the unemployment line in big numbers and the flow on effects are yet to be seen. The small businesses are struggling and most have been laying off the casual staff prior to this.
Thats the reason I wondered where you were located, relying on the media for accurate imfomation is very much hit and miss.
All I hope for is there are no more job losses and those that have been affected land on their feet
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #93
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

personally i think we are heading in the wrong direction,
we may look back 20 years with no manufacturing , very little resources left and say how the hell did we stuff it all up so bad, i hope i`m wrong.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #94
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
No, you originally started of as saying (post 75) and as each posting has gone on it gets more and more diluted.

People may think they are doing better for the australian economy by buying australian, but a belief is only a belief, it doesnt make it true.

Well yes when I leave a supermarket it is only Aussie made in my basket. You started crapping on about where the register was made, where my fuel was from and my imported tyres. None of which I have control of.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post