Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Sideways
Starter Motor

Default So shattered!

Hey everyone i'm fairly new to the forum and would like some help. I went to knox shopping center today and when i came back to my car i found someone had side swiped my ute and had driven off, bastard!!! anyway i wanted to know roughly how much this is going to cost me to get beaten out, if anyone could enlighten me that would be great and any suggestions on were to tak it to get fixed around eastern melbourne would be much appreciated......

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0382.JPG (136.7 KB, 329 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: So shattered!

I would say around $1000. Depends on what nesd to be done.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had no idea what i was looking at until i rotated. I would say more than a grand maybe almost 2k. If you have full comp insurance it be giving them a call.

Last edited by joolz; 02-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

The tub will need removing, and i'ld say a new tub side will be put on.

$1500-2000

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
ChRiDDa

I'd be contacting centre security to see bout footage (don't hold out much hope) n also notifying the police as well...if your insured, I'd be contacting them n having it fixed through insurance
ChRiDDa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Sideways
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiDDa
I'd be contacting centre security to see bout footage (don't hold out much hope) n also notifying the police as well...if your insured, I'd be contacting them n having it fixed through insurance

yeah that was the first thing i did and no go because there was no camera directly on my car and being a saturday so many cars were in and out.

Its a bummer cos i havnt got the full comp either, thanks for the replies
Old 05-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Had the same sought of thing happen when i was little, we were in a hospital carpark that was a one way only as it was a tight squeeze, and some idiot decided to take a 26ft boat on the back of a f-250, squished my parents ea fairmont between a laser and a 2x4 hilux, almost a write off, lucky we got the plates.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

At a quality shop probably around 1-1.5k cash job. I had an XR8 ute and one of the guys at work got a little too close with a forklift similar damage I paid $900 cash no receipt for the fix and it was as good as new about 4-5 years ago. Beaters dont mind cash work or atleast that has been my experience.

Really sucks when people do a runner best of luck mate.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

$1,800 it cost me on my FG XR6 ute... They just replaced the panel and painted it, rather then trying to beat it and bog it...
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
schultzie
Just Images

if your local to Knox go see Simon at sdf panels in Bayswater tell him Justin Schulz recommended you to him... i agree $1500

This bloke looks after all my cars
Old 05-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

I would agree with the costing from the guys. Another option is to look at a few of the salvage yards and Ebay for a replacement tub. You may be able to jag one the same colour. This would save painting and all it may need would be a good buff and polish.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #12
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tubs come up frequently as people who want a work ute put a tray on.

Often see brand new ones going cheap as the Ford can take a ton (god bless it) unlike the holden and customers move straight to a proper tray
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Patterson Cheney Toyota Parts dept have dozens of ute bodies in stock. All as mentioned above are take offs from people who have put trays on. The have all brands. I've seen plenty of Ford ones there. And ask what colours they have before letting them know what you want.

It may not work but it's an idea. Oh and dont be afraind to low ball them on price like any "wrecking yard item.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #14
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know about insurance there, but I know someone here who had some damage like yours on a fairly new truck. He contacted his insurance company and we all figured he'd get some quote for repairs & repaint but insurance said it wasn't worth it to go that way. He ended up with a new part. Simple and done quickly, just had to order the part.

Good luck and hope you get yours done soon!
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
Sideways
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultzie
if your local to Knox go see Simon at sdf panels in Bayswater tell him Justin Schulz recommended you to him... i agree $1500

This bloke looks after all my cars

thanks mate i will be sure to go and have a talk with him, really appreciate it.

thanks everyone for your suggestions.

does anybody know if i could just unbolt the panel and put a new one on?? or does it need to be the full tub?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

The Panel its self is spot welded on.

You can (if you find a good cheap tub) put a whole new tub on easy enough, need about 4 blokes to lift it off. You can (if you are lucky to get one with no damage and same colour) get a whole tub for around the same price as a repaired panel. Keep in mind, you'll have to transfer the XR bits to the new tub if it's not from a XR obviously.

A new panel replacement is still a good option, if you want to spend the extra cash you can also get the tonnau holes welded up while you're at it.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
Sideways
Starter Motor

i would be able to the work myself as i can weld, it just might be a pain in the *** trying to find a panel by itself, and yeah this is a good opportunity to weld up the holes n get the whole lot sprayed, cheers for the suggestion!