Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
KRL-94

Default carby issues on 1975 chev custom

hi all,
got a family friend thats had a few issues with the carby on her 1975 model chev custom 30 series. its a 292ci straight 6 with a single throat rochester carby. form what i've been told its flooding and wont run properly. it was suppose to be rebuilt a while a go due to a fuel leak, but it had a bodgey job done in it instead of the proper thing, and it didnt leak fuel again. is it possible to either:
A) get another one, or
B) get a rebuild kit for one.

if you wish to see pictures, let me know and i will post a few up.

cheers Kole.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: carby issues on 1975 chev custom

get it rebuilt properly.. also check rest of fuel system.. new filter and check out fuel pump..
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AS above, but even if you lift the top off and make sure the nedel seat is working properly and the float level is OK then that should solve a bulk of your porblems

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
KRL-94

cheers fellas. i'll rebuild the carby, and do the above stated and post the out come. once again fellas, thanks.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post