Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default It's a consipracy I tell ya! ;)

Just noticed one of the rural roads I typically travel to/from home (100km/h single carriageway .. a few good corners .. good for motorbikes) has been resurfaced .. typically without actually fixing the bumps and corregations .. but more sinister has been "remarked" with 3/4 of its approx 10km length modified to be unbroken double white lines. Previously there were a number of good passing points on this road, and you needed them as there a lot of Toyota drivers out there who sit on 80km/h everywhere.

This morning was the first time I've driven on it since the lines were done, and yes I got stuck behind a 80km/h Toyota driver (strangely in a Magna) until the only passing area just before it goes back to 60km/h.

Maybe a hair-brained scheme to reduce roadtoll by removing passing points on rural roads? I can see a lot of illegal and dangerous passing in the future.

OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Default Re: It's a consipracy I tell ya! ;)

I spose the extra paint for another line is cheaper than going dual carriageway...

Not quite sure if I've seen that in SA but the trend tends to be more the progressive lowering of speed limits every few years.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: It's a consipracy I tell ya! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
resurfaced .. typically without actually fixing the bumps and corregations .. there a lot of Toyota drivers out there who sit on 80km/h everywhere.
They do the same thing here, resurface but don't remove/fix any of the undulations, the idea is to make anyone who travels too fast to bounce right off the road.
the slow toyota drivers here are all in hiluxes, and that's the reason i need a V8 falcon