Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #31
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Re: thoughts on fibreglass BA bulge bonnets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Bah, my car will have whatever I want on it.
Agreed Austin. Somehow i think that a BA bulge on my AU is the least of the worries with the "AU series bastardised" part's pin of a ute i have

Anyway, the offer's still there to check mine out next time your in Melbourne. In fact that offer is open to anyone. I've had mine on for 3+ years and no faults so far.

And for the reference, the full glass bonnets have the bulge on the inside too and all the support structure. It's just one piece.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #32
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW260
Understanding that they aren't everyone's cup tea - I quite like them. I bought one for my old AUII XR8 ute when I had it and I firmly believe that the Boss bonnets compliment the lines of the AU far more than any B series, or F series. Still, it won't stop me getting one for the FG-T.

If you decide to buy one, check out Newgel in Canberra. I can happily recommend them.
Thanks DW260, i'll give them a buzz and see how much

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rayban76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #33
b2tf
not here much anymore

Looks good Ben, Ive got a donor bonnet sitting in the shed now so I just need to find the buldge bit and a good welder. I am trying to avoid having glass bits on this ute.
Old 27-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #34
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Looks good Ben, Ive got a donor bonnet sitting in the shed now so I just need to find the buldge bit and a good welder. I am trying to avoid having glass bits on this ute.
Do you know where you can get the metal buldge from, I have look everywhere and just cant seem to find them?

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rayban76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #35
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

newgel are fantastic, they have done my front bar, spoiler and bonnet soon to do my side skirts also
Old 27-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #36
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
newgel are fantastic, they have done my front bar, spoiler and bonnet soon to do my side skirts also
but its still fibreglass. Metal is preferred. Good products though on theyre site.

p.s. i have 18" rims for sales. The link is in my signature.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayban76
Do you know where you can get the metal buldge from, I have look everywhere and just cant seem to find them?
Not yet but havent started looking.
Old 27-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #38
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Smile Re: thoughts on fibreglass BA bulge bonnets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayban76
Yep,Ebay.Buy the complete BA bonnet and cut the bulge out.Easilly done and wont be more than 13-1500$ grafted and painted your colour(includes cost of bonnet/hump).Not that expensive for a custom bonnet imo.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post