Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ballarat Swap Meet finished

This will be a real shame if no one can take over the event.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/lo...r/2121965.aspx

mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: Ballarat Swap Meet finished

That is a real shame indeed, I never go the chance to actually attend this event, I allways said one day I would, but certain thing's just hindered me attending.
Hopefully it will be resovled.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats not cool at all. I guess bendigo is gunna get hugerer than it already is. I havent missed one in probably 10 years. This year the sheriffs dept was there wheel clamping cars in the car park, bit of a bummer if ya borrowed ya mates truck and he had warrants. Ya left there with a clamped vehicle..... I liken that behaviour to parking inspectors.... end rant...
JG65TE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Yeah my dad is pretty cut about this. He has attended every year for over the last 10

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG65TE
thats not cool at all. I guess bendigo is gunna get hugerer than it already is. I havent missed one in probably 10 years. This year the sheriffs dept was there wheel clamping cars in the car park, bit of a bummer if ya borrowed ya mates truck and he had warrants. Ya left there with a clamped vehicle..... I liken that behaviour to parking inspectors.... end rant...
Wouldn't your mate be at fault if the vehicle got clamped because he had outstanding warrants?

Shame to hear about the markets though, went to them a couple of times when in Victoria.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
Jim5_0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good news it's still on. I heard on the weekend that it may be finished so I did some checking and all that I could come up with was "2012 is off at the moment but watch this space"

So I asked the Ballarat tourist information service today and their answer was:

"Hi James,
Thanks you for your very timely email.
It has just been confirmed this morning that the Ballarat Swap Meet will go ahead in Ballarat in February 2012. The Swap Meet is being presented by the Rotary Clubs of Ballarat and will take place at Ballarat Airport over the weekend of 25 & 26 February 2012.

Further details of the Ballarat Swap Meet will be known in the coming weeks, all of our accommodation operators were informed of the dates this morning and it would be advisable to book as soon as possible.

I hope this information is of assistance to you. For further information about Ballarat please view our website www.visitballarat.com.au or phone our Free Call number 1800 44 66 33. When you arrive in Ballarat you may also wish to call into our Visitor Information Centre located at 43 Lydiard Street North in the CBD.

Kind Regards, "

So it looks as if it's no longer called the Super Southern Swap Meet and it's moved to Saturday/Sunday
Jim5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim5_0
Good news it's still on. I heard on the weekend that it may be finished so I did some checking and all that I could come up with was "2012 is off at the moment but watch this space"

So I asked the Ballarat tourist information service today and their answer was:

"Hi James,
Thanks you for your very timely email.
It has just been confirmed this morning that the Ballarat Swap Meet will go ahead in Ballarat in February 2012. The Swap Meet is being presented by the Rotary Clubs of Ballarat and will take place at Ballarat Airport over the weekend of 25 & 26 February 2012.

Further details of the Ballarat Swap Meet will be known in the coming weeks, all of our accommodation operators were informed of the dates this morning and it would be advisable to book as soon as possible.

I hope this information is of assistance to you. For further information about Ballarat please view our website www.visitballarat.com.au or phone our Free Call number 1800 44 66 33. When you arrive in Ballarat you may also wish to call into our Visitor Information Centre located at 43 Lydiard Street North in the CBD.

Kind Regards, "

So it looks as if it's no longer called the Super Southern Swap Meet and it's moved to Saturday/Sunday
News article on it - http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/lo...t/2335760.aspx

Good job Rotary.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #8
Kryton

Would want to advertise it then.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Would want to advertise it then.
It was only announced today so I'd imagine they will in due course.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post