Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default what Ive take from this week, Dont wait until its to late

in light of what happened tonite in the GP, earlier in the week in indy. Also on a personal level the lose of my grandfather who i kept putting off visiting and its now to late, also the personal struggles of other forum members in the past week. I have learnt one thing and thought i would share with all of you what i have been hit hard with. Dont take the people who matter for granted.

To give a bit of a back story to my personal story last Thursday my family lost my mothers father. Who i have only known for the last 6 years as my mothers parents split while she was young and was not aloud contact an was told many horrible lies. Long story short when she made contact she found out he was the nicest person you could imagine and to me a man to look up 2, what im trying to say is if you have a family member who you put off visiting, pick up the phone organise that visit. Ive lost that chance you might still have it. And most of all never leave for work or what ever with out letting those people you love know how you feel, you never know when it'll be to late.

Pick up that phone and make that call, walk into the next room and tell those people dear to you that you love them, and never leave without saying i love you doesnt matter how bad the fight might have been its the first step to making it right. You never know when its to late.

Kyle

Old 24-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: what Ive take from this week, Dont wait until its to late

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
in light of what happened tonite in the GP, earlier in the week in indy. Also on a personal level the lose of my grandfather who i kept putting off visiting and its now to late, also the personal struggles of other forum members in the past week. I have learnt one thing and thought i would share with all of you what i have been hit hard with. Dont take the people who matter for granted.

To give a bit of a back story to my personal story last Thursday my family lost my mothers father. Who i have only known for the last 6 years as my mothers parents split while she was young and was not aloud contact an was told many horrible lies. Long story short when she made contact she found out he was the nicest person you could imagine and to me a man to look up 2, what im trying to say is if you have a family member who you put off visiting, pick up the phone organise that visit. Ive lost that chance you might still have it. And most of all never leave for work or what ever with out letting those people you love know how you feel, you never know when it'll be to late.

Pick up that phone and make that call, walk into the next room and tell those people dear to you that you love them, and never leave without saying i love you doesnt matter how bad the fight might have been its the first step to making it right. You never know when its to late.

Kyle
absolutely mate . you are speaking from a mourning experience , jut to shed a little light on the situation though , you cant always be there to say goodbye everyday . we are only human and getting a chance to say things isnt always going to happen , and its not always someones fault .
put yourself on the other side of the fence , if it was you , you wouldnt be worried that someone didnt see you that day , you would just be happy you know them , looking at it this way . i hope people arent too hard on themselves with guilt of loose ends . i hope that doesn't sound nasty , but i think it would be more the survivors that have such guilt than victims
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I think that Whoosha nailed it awhile ago in a thread titled Mateship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Well being a older bloke now I can look back and say that Mates are what you make of them at any age,Give to them what you can and expect nothing in return and you will never be disappointed in them, School mates are just that mates you have at school, if you are fortunate enough to keep only 1 for your entire adult life your are indeed the lucky 1. Then as you age your work mates become the norm someone to mess around with go to the pub and have a few good times along the way, this also passes hopefully you can keep 1 of them as well. Then comes the wife family phase, you then find a new group of mates along the way, this is just the way of life. I have dozens of people both male and female I call and believe are mates but if I used a rating system the ones I can rely on would be a select few, that's not to say I enjoy the company of any of them less that's just the way it is till finally and hopefully when your done and dusted your couple of true mates and a few good friends will stand around say gees he wasn't a bad bloke was he
I try and say positive things to people everyday and most of the people I know, know how I feel about them without a single word being spoken.

There are some situations in life that you can't change, and others you can but at the end of the day...If you have lived life, loving life (doing it whichever way works for you!) then you have had a full life and hopefully at the end of it, people will look back and say it was great knowing you.

Don't spend your days in regret, spend them making days you won't forget

Cheers
Philospher Col
Old 24-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

I know how you feel. Only 2 or so months ago I got news that my nan was not going to last much longer. I packed up our ute full of bedding and drove over that night to stay at my aunties who lives 5 minutes drive from the nursing home where nan was. Not realising it had been over 18 months since she was in the nursing, I felt bad because I had never really had the time to visit her while she was there. Anyway we got there about 10.30pm that night and caught up with some relos who I havent seen in over 10 years. The next morning about 5.45am we got a call to say nan had passed away. We were at her bedside by 6.10am. I am usually the strong one of the family who never shows emotion but this cut me up real bad. I had missed out on telling her I loved her before she passed away. At her funeral I was going reasonably well until a slideshow was put on that had my dad and sister (also deceased) in it with all of us. I broke down and was a total mess for the next hour or two.
It's a day/week I will not forget in a hurry.

For anyone interested my sister passed away in a show ride accident at the Rylstone Show in 1997 aged 11. I was 6 at the time and in 2000 my dad passed away 12 days before my 10th birthday after a long struggle with kidney dialysis. The way I see it life is way to short and unpredictable so get out and do as much as you can and spend as much time as you can with your family and friends because you never know when your time or theirs is up.

Sorry for boring you all.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D

Kyle
Good advice - I'm so glad a few months ago my wife decided we really should go and see my Nanna. It was a good visit (she was 96 and was sometimes not all there), and long story short, she died the next week. I'm so glad we went.......
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #6
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its always good to hear of people visiting, to a certain point i think alot of old people not knowingly have a few people who they want to see shortly before the end.

in my case as much as i missed my chance to say goodbye others didnt. my grandfather was diagnosed with cancer about 4 weeks prior, and told doctors he didnt want to know anything more instead he spent the time he had with those he loved. my mum saw him 5 days before and her brother the night before went to see him and said right what are we doing tonight? the reply was instead of sitting around home i want to visit Iver his brother inlaw. so off they set on the 30min drive there had dinner a couple of beers and a good relaxed night full of laughs returned home at 1030pm crawled into bed and that was it. if ever there was a way to go he did
Old 24-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
RACINGdork
bf xr6t + 351 xe esp weee

It doesn't always work like that, My father disowned me when i was 16 for unknown reasons. (mabey something to do with his new girlfriend and the fact she got preggo to him when he was 58yo). When he was diagnosed with brain tumors i was pressured by my sister and mum to go and see him blah blah. I was 100% content with my life and after 11 years didnt really care either way if i saw him or not. Cut a long story short, i spent nearly 3 years by him as i slowly watched him die, Most of this time he was in a vegetable state due to tumors putting pressue on the brain. When he died, He left my sister who had 2 kids under 3yo , and obviously myself (fair enough) not a cent of his estate as we are "Financially very secure" Which was a total crock of garbage. I dont care what happened but 5 or 10k in a trust fund for my nefews id be happy with. Anyway i curse him every day and regret wasting 3 years of my life watching someone die.
RACINGdork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post