wog...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #32
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: South Australian Govt to reduce speed limits & increase fines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket67
Yes - We certainly should get together and do something about these a-hole greedy SOB`s which are the SA.Gov.

Their greed is now absolute. Several months ago they increased the fines for driving unregistered/uninsured. Just happened to coincide with the introduction of these new number plate recognition cameras AND the abolition of registration labels. The obvious intention being to fine the people who neglect to renew their rego. A-holes!!! Just makes it a bit easier to forget seeing there is no label to show the expiry date.

Rocket.

I personally got hooked because the rego had expired on one of my cars, as a result of these cameras. ($800 or so) Yes, the fine hurt, but it's my fault, so I copped it on the chin. No point b1tching about it.

Another little issue about no rego labels. I work in the motor industry, which requires me driving someone elses car. Because there is no rego labels on cars, we have to get the customer to sign a piece of paper, allowing us to drive them. If we don't and the cars unregistered, we cop the fine .

So yes a PITA for everyone concerned, but even if you throw the tossers out of office as a result, the next lot isn't going to reverse the decision. (ie tax).
So we've just got to live with it

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #33
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket67

Anybody else have some ideas about how to beat them?

Rocket.
you could always try that secret keeping under the limit trick.
sudszy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #34
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I have given out three warnings for off topic posts, let's keep on topic or more will follow.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #35
rocket67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
you could always try that secret keeping under the limit trick.
Yeah well... i have been actively trying to do that for several weeks with varying success. A couple of weeks ago i saw on the news that the speed camera would be positioned on main north rd para hills west the next day. Drove to work with one eye on the speedo. Wouldn`t you know it - the sneaky b@stards had the car backed right in behind the trees - very well hidden. You could not see it until you were right on it. 80k zone. Looked down and sure enough - doing 84klm/hr. Shyte! Still waiting to see if i receive fine number 3 for the month.

Try and keep your speedo under 50 or under 40 in the respective zones. Not easy. Take your eye off the speedo for a second or so and you are over.

Did i mention they are greedy a-hole SOB`s.

And no, i am not a maniac. Middle aged respectable citizen. Can`t wait to retire and get the hell out of this shytehole police state.

Rocket.
rocket67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post