Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Our Responsibilities While Driving

I hope that this isn't a fellow forum user. I have posted this link in an attempt to demonstrate how things can quickly go wrong, and how those things that we hold dear to us can end up in a situation that they shouldn't.
Spare a thought for the two innocent dogs that nearly lost their lives because some "hero" thought he was cool.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...hing-into-home

There is much more to these beautiful cars that Ford and FPV manufacture than how fast they can go. Enjoy your cars, enjoy the freedom of driving, value all road users lives and safety, and most of all drive safe.

StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Our Responsibilities While Driving

waiting for someone to post this.
Moral is, "Don't lend your high powered typhoon to drunk, ****head mates".
This is the answer to why you pay top dollar to ensurer these cars (obviously insurance doesnt cover drunk idiots).
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Knob. He should lose his licence absolutely in that situation, given the circumstances.
For one thing, the road is clearly signposted 40kph, and he was obviously not doing 40 when he lost it and speared across the foot path into that yard and through the wall. It also looks like that tempting smooth new bitumen, wide, with sloping gutters, that drifters and other tools can't resist spinning the wheels on. I've seen that sort of road in many new housing estates, and plenty of skid marks on the road as well. Idiots just can't resist it but forget about the gently sloping gutters also lead onto sloping lawns that lead into low-set houses with families inside, so there's nothing to stop you when you run out of whatever tiny amount of talent you do have, apart from the heavier furniture in the living room.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So he walks off and gets the owner... ??

Seriously what a complete moron.

The amount of times on the news in which a car runs into a house is a weekly basis on QLD tv.... In Townsville the average for a car ending up in a yard seems to be once a fortnight.
9 times out of 10 it seems to be a driver under 25 and they usually run off because they were drinking prior to the accident.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
BFZF8

Lucky he got bogged or the owners might not have been able to get the rego off the DVR. Anyone have any idea where in Perth this was? The area looks familiar.
BFZF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
ltd
Force Fed Fords

What a total moron. This guy should have the book thrown at him, although there's not much point in banning him from driving as people like this often drive unlicenced anyway.
The fact he tried to reverse out of it suggests he would have left the scene and not faced up to what he'd done. Imagine if there was a kid playing in the backyard with the dogs. Frightening, truly frightening. For our society to move forward we need to get serious and make drink drivers serve time in gaol. I hope the owner realises how serious this was, and enjoys getting the money out of his mate to repair the house and his car.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

A similiar situation occured not far from where I live. I didnt see what happened, but the end result was a destroyed fence on a house on the corner in an estate. The owner of the house painted up a big sign saying it was caused by drink driving. Its been a few months now & the fence is still damaged, id say the pond scum who did it wasnt insured & cant afford to fix it.
If this world wasnt so anally retentive, the householder couldve plastered his name & photo up for the community to see. Which im betting my bottom dollar he wished he couldve done.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

" For our society to move forward we need to get serious and make drink drivers serve time in gaol. "

Here here and not just 6 months either .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

A friend of mine died last week, possibly due to another drivers lack of responsibility, he was hit head on by a young girl texting, he was taken by an Athsma attack a few hours later. There's a bit of debate about if he should of been released from hospital or not after such an accident... Still, the accident should never have happened and just as bad as a drunk driver.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Angry Re: Our Responsibilities While Driving

hopefully that bloke learns a valuable lesson from the consequences to his actions and never attempts this again. what a bloody idiot.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
AndrewR_AUII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak81
hopefully that both blokes learn a valuable lesson from the consequences to his actions and never attempts this again. what a bloody idiot.
Corrected.
AndrewR_AUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFZF8
Lucky he got bogged or the owners might not have been able to get the rego off the DVR. Anyone have any idea where in Perth this was? The area looks familiar.
That's what i thought, he would have left if the car didn't get stuck.

nice of the towie to pull the front bumper off...!
Old 13-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: Our Responsibilities While Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
A friend of mine died last week, possibly due to another drivers lack of responsibility, he was hit head on by a young girl texting, he was taken by an Athsma attack a few hours later. There's a bit of debate about if he should of been released from hospital or not after such an accident... Still, the accident should never have happened and just as bad as a drunk driver.
I am very sorry for your loss AC. The cut will heal with time, but the scar will always be there. Thank you for sharing your recent misfortune. Take care mate and drive safe
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
saber
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR_AUII
Corrected.
Disgusting behaviour. Tried to flee the incident but the car got stuck. This tells me the driver had next to no remorse for what he did.
Lock him away for 2 years. He’ll realise what an idiot he was and repent.
saber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #15
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
That's what i thought, he would have left if the car didn't get stuck.

nice of the towie to pull the front bumper off...!
Bugger him...if it was my house I'd have set fire to it in my front yard and stood there and said "Have you learned anything, d**khead?"

I too noticed that he was doing his damndest to get out of there in a big hurry. Indeed, if he hadn't got bogged, he'd have vanished.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post