Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Exclamation Ford Evos concept revealed

:O

http://www.caradvice.com.au/135477/f...rt-motor-show/

It's roughly C-sized and has a tybrid electric powertrain. No V8 lurking in there, sorry boys.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Evos concept revealed

looks very...aston martin

Too bad about the hybrid crap
Old 31-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_man_luke
looks very...aston martin

Too bad about the hybrid crap
This is what Aston should have made instead of that stupid Cygnet to lower emissions!

I really like it!!
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very noice!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
stang65
FPRJET

No V8 in there yet, But I`m sure we can get a few boys together and slot one in lol...... that is sex on wheels.
Old 31-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Needs a nice 8 plus 6 speed manual in there...

...otherwise its a fail for me. Looks dont mean much at the end of the day to me..hybrid...pff please..

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Very nice but the rear end looks terrible....
Old 31-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

From the back, it screams '2014 Mustang' (to me anyway)

I think it looks fantastic!!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
kinksta
Luxojet

What a bizarre looking thing, but in a good way!
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
cham
Closet Hoon

Gotta love those doors!

Rather than a V8 what about the 2.5 turbo mill out of the Focus RS???

NOW: 2011 HSV R8 Clubsport with Walkinshaw Exhaust, Suspension and 20" Alloys.....
cham is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Ford won't admit it, but I think we're looking at the new Capri, significantly toned down of course and petrol powered.

Too bad it will be on the Focus platform and a bum dragger.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #12
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Ford won't admit it, but I think we're looking at the new Capri, significantly toned down of course and petrol powered.

Too bad it will be on the Focus platform and a bum dragger.
Agreed.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #13
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Have a look at those Mad Max concepts now and you can see it's definitely a new design trend that is coming along..
Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
GS0244

The only thing i cant understand is why the driver needs a seat that is a different colour to the rest of the seats,,,,,,,
GS0244 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #15
grey_esp
Greys tuf too :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUD
Have a look at those Mad Max concepts now and you can see it's definitely a new design trend that is coming along..
I was just about to say, paint it black and it looks amazing similar to the mad max concepts.
grey_esp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #16
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

i think it looks awesome.. Dunno about the shoe lace size side mirrors lol
Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #17
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...908-1jz0l.html

Quote:
Face of the next Falcon
Jonathan Hawley
September 8, 2011 - 3:02PM

Concept car shows how the 2015 Falcon will look.

While debate continues about the future of the Ford Falcon, one piece of the jigsaw has become clearer, with the company's top design executives confirming it will look something like the company's Evos concept car unveiled last week.

The 51-year-old Falcon looks increasingly like becoming a localised version of the North American front-wheel-drive Taurus, with global styling cues taken from the Evos.

"Some of the design DNA you see on this car will absolutely trickle in to Ford Australia," said Ford's global design boss J Mays at a media preview of the Evos in Berlin, Germany.

Mr Mays said the "global design language" of the Evos was a collaborative effort between Ford's design studios around the world, including the Asia Pacific office located at Ford Australia's Melbourne headquarters, headed by local design chief Chris Svensson.

"Chris Svensson and the team have had a major contribution on our thinking about the global design language because we've been talking about this for about two years.

"Chris is on line with us every time we have a meeting and we are very eager to get the perspective of the Asia Pacific team because ultimately, if we're going to roll this design DNA out, it's going to have to work [in Australia] as well as it works anywhere else."

Although Mr Mays was unable to confirm whether the next entirely new Falcon would be an imported or local design, he was aware it was a sensitive issue in Australia.

"Believe me, I know it's a big question and I know it's a sore point for many of the journalists who ask us and we haven't been giving very clear and definitive answers on that one.

"But stay tuned for an announcement of some sort. We'll work it out in some sort of migration plan that hopefully keeps everyone happy."

The Evos concept is the latest showcase for Ford's future design direction following on from the Iosis concept of 2005 that revealed Ford's so-called Kinetic design theme that has since been encapsulated in models such as the current Mondeo, Fiesta and Focus.

Although officially (and somewhat blandly) labelled Global Design Language, the new look is known inside Ford as Kinetic 2.0.

Features include a vehicle "face" with trapezoidal grille and ultra slim headlamps while the body language is dominated by a coupe-like roofline, sculpted flanks and bulging, muscular rear wheel arches.

While the Evos' narrow headlamps look futuristic, they conform to the European standard 89mm depth and, according to Mr Mays, could make it into production using either LED headlamps technology or cheaper conventional lights.

Then there are the outrageous gullwing doors front and rear. While they might seem unlikely to ever grace a production car, Ford's European design director Martin Smith points out the B-Max (a Fiesta-based mini-MPV not sold in Australia) was first shown as a concept with pillarless rear doors and that feature made it into the production version.

"Every element of [the Evos] has been very carefully thought out and I'm confident that you're going to recognise all these elements in the next few months and years as we develop our production vehicles building off this vehicle," he said.

According to Mays, it was not a case of producing a concept car then adapting it to future production cars, but coalescing many future design ideas into one vehicle.

"I think everyone sees this car and thinks, well, we designed this car and now that we've designed it all the other cars are going to look like that.

"But it's actually just the other way around. We designed the entire strategy for production cars, the first of which is coming in just four months, and we only did this car to show the direction that our production cars are going in."

The car that is four months away is the next Ford Fusion - a North American mid-sizer due to be shown at January's Detroit Motor Show - that will essentially be designed with the Evos concept's styling from the windscreen pillars forward.

Given the Fusion will be the same car as the next Mondeo under the One Ford global product program, Australia will get its first taste of real-time Evos design when the next Mondeo arrives.

Then there is the tantalising prospect of seeing the Evos reproduced in its entirety - probably minus the gullwing doors - as a production car.

Ford's aim with the Evos and the cars it will spawn is to provide "premiumness" or an expensive look for customers but at a relatively low price point.

Drive has already been told by Ford small car boss Gunnar Herrmann the company is working on a "unique" version of the Focus, and a mini four-door coupe in the style of the Mercedes CLS could fit the bill.

Martin Smith pointed out there is currently no three-door version of the Focus, and indicated there is unlikely to be one.

"You look at any marketeers graph and it will show you interest in three door vehicles especially in the C-segment (small car) is strongly on the wane," he said.

Although the Evos looks large, it is in fact similar in length to the Focus (a so-called C-segment sized car, like a Corolla) but with the width of a larger vehicle. According to J Mays, those dimensions make the idea of a Focus-sized four door in the Evos mould, or even a Mondeo sized four-door coupe, not entirely out of the question.

"I read a lot about it and I can't talk about what our plans might be at the moment but I can say, never say never. That's not me announcing that we're doing one, that's for sure," he said.

"Certainly in terms of length and height it would work. This is the same length as a Focus. It's a little bit lower than Focus but this particular concept, because it's a concept it's about the same width as a Mondeo. It's got a very long wheelbase but it's got very short overhangs."

"I think it certainly translates to a C/D car and we're looking at the moment whether it translates to a D car or not. So we're looking at it, and keep in mind that every car we do off of this design DNA won't be identical."

MORE PICS
Old 08-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #18
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I wonder what sort of time frame they have in mind for this quote and what does a migration plan mean?

Quote:
"But stay tuned for an announcement of some sort. We'll work it out in some sort of migration plan that hopefully keeps everyone happy."
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #19
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
I wonder what sort of time frame they have in mind for this quote and what does a migration plan mean?
Yeah I noticed that one as well.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Lol, typical bogans: "Needs a V8!!!"

Anyways, the new Mondeo and Fusion looks promising!!! ;)
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #21
BlueOvalPrint

Quote:
Maybe selling the AWD Taurus based Falcon alongside the RWD Aus platform car for a year or two?
BlueOvalPrint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #22
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Migrating buyers over to FWD V6's. No ute, V8 or anything worth buying.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post