The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #241
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Let's jump on trucks yet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
This is a much better idea ... makes life easier for truck drivers and the daytime car drivers. Less congestion for everyone ... and no meandering pedestrians (well ... maybe the odd drunk one out of pubs I guess).

From what I can see ... supermarkets adopt this strategy of night deliveries ... as it makes it easier for drivers out there ... and also more can be delivered within an allotted timeframe due to "less congestion". My neighbour delivers for Woolies and works evenings/nights ... he much rather does nights than day deliveries.

Supermarkets use night deliveries because they have their fill teams come in at night. Not much good for little guys or factories transporting goods for day time deliveries.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #242
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin_80
Has Gasolane come into this thread yet and wished death upon any non-truck drivers?
Nope. Because every time I went to reply to another Railway employee's post I started laughing again and couldn't type.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #243
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I got a headache... need some more pills to keep up with it all

But I will say if the professionalism of the industry has gone backwards in the last 30 years and the average driver is now 52+ I have just wasted 35 years of learning to cope with the "Average Joe Motorist "

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #244
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Whoosha, it is everybody's driving ability that has gone backwards in my humble opinion.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #245
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seduce XR6
I did not just say I was an average person fullstop, there was much more to that statement which you have chosen to ignore.
I am an average person who takes notice of peoples behavior & or events around him & base my opinions on information gathered from many sources & not just RBT but my own personal experiences as well as those of people I know or people I see in the media on many shows over many years.

Oh so the truck drivers or even the car drivers I see on shows like RBT & other shows showing Police doing there job are actors lol?
They are real car or truck drivers & no I don't base my opinions on 1 show or any number of shows (oops I already said that but think this will take a bit to get it through to you).

I said every time or almost every time I travel on the Pacific HWY or even our local HWY I am tailgated, me not everyone lol (cant you read)?

As for people in every industry not being as professional these days as they were 30 years ago in many cases I would agree though not in all & not because of some consumer greed but because as the generations move along many are simply less dedicated & lazy.

Generations who want it all at 21 while living at home & paying no board & don't seem to think they have to work hard for decades before they will have it all (but that's another topic) & no not all young are like that but again MANY are just as I have said MANY truck drivers are bad & NOT ALL!

I would be willing to guess you are married to a truck driver or have something to do with one as again from my experiences the only people who defend them like you have are drivers themselves or married to them, or brothers or sisters or friends to 1 or in your case work in the industry by the looks Sarah lol

You also sound young to me in your answers however of that I would not be sure.

finally as for your loss I am sorry as it must have been a really nasty time for you & all concerned, oh & no I would not have assumed that the truck was at fault however as you said if it was a car they hit instead of a 60 ton truck they may have survived.
Doesn't take a 'bit to get through to me'...so I would really appreciate that you don't treat me like an idiot.

Young? Not as young as you might think, nor very relevant, my age doesn't make me naive or immune to the reality of the situations.

No, I'm not married to a truck driver, and it's been a little while since I worked in the industry...I just hate generalisations, of which 'most' people seem to make when an accident such as this comes up.

There are too many misinformed people who choose to listen to the hyped up media (and this is not aimed directly at you, but more at the general population who cry about trucks sharing 'their' road).

There was an accident yesterday on the range, whereby it appears a truck lost his brakes coming down the 12 degree decline and hit a bus full of people. The QPS announced it on facebook, as they do with all incidents when roads are closed - and you really would not believe some of the ridiculous comments that came out of these people's mouths, blaming the truck driver...now the full story still hasn't been brought to light, but it would appear that as usual, people have jumped to conclusions like they always do and laid the blame, without knowing the facts.

My apologies if I have misunderstood your comments, but they seem to flit between 'every time' and 'most', etc.

So if it's some, and not all...why not look from both sides of the fence, instead of just the one...?

I would strongly suggest the use of 'some' as opposed to 'many' as this tends to give the indication of 'most'...which is what really gets me annoyed.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 07-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #246
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
Firstly, I am glad you do not care about this thread anymore, why, because your arguments lack substance and you know it.

If you read the posts, there is are fellow posters who believes that there should be rail stops at Dandenong etc to ease the traffic flow in Melbourne, I was just pointing out how ridiculous their argument are.

Yoy say put interstate freight on a train, I say, that is not what this debate is about, this debate is about the amount of truck and big trucks on the roads interacting with cars in city environs, this is not an issue on interstate highways, this is a perceived issue in greater city environs.

You are losing the debate and are now trying to change the direction of it.

Every post I made in this thread was meant to be related into long distance freight. I was not supporting the people who wanted freight trains in Melbourne CBD.
So I cannot lose that debate since I was never supporting it. So perhaps before you accuse me of 'changing direction' of the topic, you should actually read my previous posts.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #247
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #248
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

MMM life goes on, best we all agree to disagree. I am getting way ti dizzy going in circles

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 07-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #249
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Let's all agree to disagree.
Closed Thread