Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #91
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: 5km/h slower and he'd only have a bruised leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
It would appear from your comments that you have misinterpreted the wipe off 5 campaign, its clearly asking people to not exceed the limits and give pedestrians and other road users/ even ourselves a fighting chance if and when we/they muck up.

Its not about lowering speed limits from what is already out there, just having people observe them, do you have objections to that?

I suppose in reply you are going to argue that some of the ads encourage pedestrians to fling themselves into the paths of cars because the ad campaign will get car drivers so they only get hit at 5km/h?

I dont think so!, the adds also bring to people's attention what can happen if you are an inattentive pedestrian, kid on a bike that doesnt look properly , the car driver if another vehicle pulls out in front of you, etc

the ads of benefit to everyone it would seem......apart from the this doesnt apply to me because Im an advanced driver, spent half an hour on a skid pan... yada, yada
Seems you need to read my posts more carefully, or even at all.

I was referring to the "how would you feel if you hit someone comments".

Also I clearly said I have no problem with enforcing reasonable speed limits, but lets check.
Quote:
I am not against sensible setting of speed limits for the environment, such as 40 km/h zones around high pedestrian volume areas, schools etc. I am also not against enforcing those speed limits in those areas
Yep, thought I said that, dumb question answered.
Old 24-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #92
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Yes there aiming the add at the people who like to drive a bit over the posted limit

In regards to the 2nd add there i thought au series 1 had abs? i think those ads are slightly exaggerated to get there point across...
I know someone who used to test for ADR and he said car without abs always stopped quicker in straight line.
Old 24-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #93
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Same same .....

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread