Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #31
Talldude

No drama's man.

Keep up the good work!
With ST170 Suspension all round, ST170 Snorkel, K&N air filter, 2.0 Auto Air deflector, MSD Ignition coils and high amp leads. (In red adds at least 5bhp!) Also Under pulley kit. Refreshed ST170 wheels now!
Talldude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #32
photn
AFF Post NAZI

just sent ze funds.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #33
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers mate. PM sent.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #34
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok good news of sorts, they've pencilled in our booking pending payment of the deposit, but please don't let this slow down your actions in getting the money in.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
Old 21-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok latest news...

Track is booked, we are now locked in and should we cancel for any reason in the next 4 weeks, we do 50% of our doe... cancel in the week after that and we lose the lot.

Have been paid by 21 of 24 attendees. Many thanks to those who have paid, please hurry up those who haven't!! ;)

Have been contacted by 4 people who are all keen. if they come along, everybody will receive a refund. If only 24 turn up, unfortunately I'll have to ask each person for another $6 to cover the cost of the 25th spot...

Will be in touch soon with further details.

Thanks again for the support and prompt payment. I'll be better organisd next time, i promise... :thumbsup:

Old 02-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #36
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What:
fordXR5turbo.com + fordXR4.com Track Day

Date:
Saturday 26th February 2011

Where:
Marulan Driver Training Centre, Marulan NSW.

Timeline:
Gates open at 8am, drivers must sign in when they arrive.
8:45am COMPULSORY driver briefing and track walk.
9am First session starts
4pm Track is closed.

Track Sessions:
Sessions are 10min duration with max. of 6 cars on the track at any time, although we will most likely have 5 groups of 5 cars. No overtaking on any part of the circuit other than

the main straight. This is good for inexperienced drivers as they will not have to be checking their mirrors the whole time. The facility will try to match drivers of similar ability in

the groups. You can swap groups throughout the day if your initial group is unsuitable.

Licence Requirements:
You must have a track licence to particiate. Any CAMS Licence is Ok, otherwise you must purchase a MDTC licence for $30 which is good for 12months.

Equipment Requirements:
Must have an Australian Standard Helmet. Should you not have one, Helmets are available to hire for $20 (plus $50 refundable cash deposit). Drivers must wear long sleeves and

long pants along with closed in shoes.

Instructor:
We will have an instructor on hand to advise those who need help. He can do so in-car or from the pit-lane, whichever you chose. He will be there for the entire day.

Ambulance:
We will have an ambulance at the track all day.

Services:
There is is no refuelling facility at the track. There is a BP service centre 7km from the facility.
Coffee and Snacks Available
A full range of refreshments is available onsite, with some of our most popular items including:
◦Cappuccinos
◦Hot chocolate
◦Yummy food
All available at an affordable price.

MDTC Welcome Note:

Quote:
Welcome to the home of the Marulan Driver Training Centre.

We are dedicated to road safety through driver training and education. We offer training and facilities of the highest standard, from our specially designed driver training facility, to

our classrooms and training aids.

As part of our education regime we hold regular Track Days for those who want to bring their street cars and learn their own and their cars potential under controlled conditions

with tuition if required.

For those who don’t have their own cars we have a BMW Touring Car for hire on a half day or full day basis.

Race Driver Training is available for those who would like to learn the art of Motor Racing.

We offer hot laps in various types of cars for those looking for the need to drive or passenger around our circuit – and if you’re stuck for a gift – maybe a Gift Voucher can ease

the thoughts of what to get and help make decisions that little bit easier.

Car Clubs are more than welcome at our facility where days can be tailored to suit car enthusiasts of all sorts – an enjoyable get together for the families of car clubs.

Our Kids Driver Training starts from the age of 8 to the age of 15 in our specially designed 150cc buggies on dirt training oval – another great gift idea for those wanting to give

their kids something different and we assure you they won’t only thoroughly enjoy their experience but take home with them some important techniques long before they are set to

hit our public roads.

Teenager Driver Training is highly recommended for the 15 to 20 year olds. Courses are carried out in your own vehicle, or car hire is available (automatic or manual).

We have a professional and experienced group of staff, with every single member sharing a passion for driving safety.

Please explore our website, learn more about what we have to offer, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch via the

"Contact Us" page, or the details you see on the right.

Yours in driving safety,
Garry and Natalie Willmington
Directors - Marulan Driver Training Centre

The Track:
The heart of the Marulan Driver Training Centre is our specially designed, and professionally constructed training loop.

Incorporating a variety of realistic driving scenarios and situations, as well as a skid pan area, and a 360 metre dirt oval, the training facility can be reconfigured quickly and adapted

to suit a massive range of training situations.

The facility lecture rooms and administration building are top rate, and have been designed to provide an inviting and comfortable viewing area for visitors.

Safety:
The Marulan Driver Training Centre facility has been constructed with stringent safety in mind and features a tyre barriers along the full length of the outside of the training loop to

ensure the safety of our participants and their cars. The venue has been inspected and approved by the relevant authorities. The circuit complies with and exceeds Industry

Standards. MDTC has installed a state of the art noise monitor and recording system to ensure that our participants cars are kept under the 90db limit.

Things to remember:
The roads into the facility have an 80km/h speed limit. Please observe the posted limit when travelling to and from the facility.
The drivers briefing is COMPULSORY, even iff you have been to the facility before. NO briefing, NO drive.
If you are intending to hire a helmet, bring the extra cash with you. Deposit is CASH ONLY.

All participants are expected to 100% comply with the FordXR5Turbo.com & FordXR4.com Cruise / Event

Guidelines

Could those with friends attending please pass this info on to them?

Looking forward to seeing you all there on the day.

Regards,
Peter "broady" Broadhead

ps. we still have 3 more places available at this stage.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #37
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, I'm going to have to stop taking requests now. We have 29 paid up, and at least 4 who said they intend on paying up. if i have sent you details for payment, please do so so I can finalise the numbers and work out how much to refund everybody on the day.

sorry to anyone who misses out this time, but after this has been supported so well, we may run another later in the year. thanks for the support.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #38
Talldude

looks good man, can't wait.

Would be good to do it later in the year as well to see how you progress and if you do mods to your car what affect it has on times.
With ST170 Suspension all round, ST170 Snorkel, K&N air filter, 2.0 Auto Air deflector, MSD Ignition coils and high amp leads. (In red adds at least 5bhp!) Also Under pulley kit. Refreshed ST170 wheels now!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #39
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Cheers broady,

cant wait, got my eye keen on this day.

Old 16-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #40
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, as requested, here is a list of the usernames of drivers for the track day:

fordXR5turbo (and XR5OC) forums:

mondo_broady
bruce_ + 1
neale
lats
rowlo
iSnowboard
micx
loxmyf
daisy
pberryman
Tyson25

fordXR4 forums:
Ace + 2
bubz
will85
pulsar7 + 4
aussieXR4
cptdandan

Aussie Ford forums:

andrew67
fast eddie
photn
talldude
turbodeisel + 1
wpnxr6t

we have a number of different cars amongst us including:

Focus XR5
Mondeo XR5
Focus Turbo Deisel
Focus Zetec Super Charged
Fiesta XR4
Pulsar SSS Turbo
SS Crumpledore Ute
Golf (usure of model?)
amongst others...

Old 23-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #41
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Getting closer....

I was just thinking I hope everyone is planning to take some pic/vids of the day as a remembrance.

Apparantly it's going to be quite hot on the weekend so we might all be driving with our air con on
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #42
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Well im hoping its a good day.

50% chance i wont be there anymore though. knowing my luck car wont be ready on Friday (more like monday/tues next week), And cause i paid and its too late, ill loose that money.

But fingers crossed

Old 23-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #43
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope you can make it, theres still a couple of days
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #44
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

photn, i've sent you an email.

Old 24-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #45
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Light the blue touch paper, we're good to go!! don't forget to check your info i sent you. any questions, call me on the number i provided you.

Old 26-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #46
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, many many thanks to everybody for making this a success. in light of that, i plan to do it all again in august...

Old 27-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #47
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Okay, let me be first up by giving Broady a HUGE thank you for organising such a fun and a good natured day. Also thanks to everyone at the M.D.T.C. I'll have to do one when it a bit cooler weather which Broady has mentioned will be in August hopefully and I'm looking forward to seeing all the photos from the day too.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #48
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Really wish I was a part of it! Keep us all posted for the next one!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #49
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

plenty of pics and vids... will post when i get some more time probably tomorrow? i'm off to work soon...

Old 27-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #50
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like ive said before, Great day broady thanks heaps.

There are heaps of pics & vids from the day here.

theres a couple of you in there too eddie

http://www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/in...?topic=10963.0

there are also some of the pics from www.fordxr5turbo.com members "roaringstorm" &"micx" from here if you cant get on the forum

https://picasaweb.google.com/roaring...ay26thFeb2011#
http://www.flickr.com/photos/micxnet...7626024640935/
Old 27-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #51
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Likewise, absolutely fantastic. It was most difficult driving at regular speeds on the way home!

We definitely had some talented photographers (and drivers) there on the day
Old 27-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #52
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Here is a video recorded by andrew67 in his Mondeo XR5 which coincidentally also has some great third-person footage of some guy in a silver oiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOVvOu4gJcY
Old 28-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #53
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that oil burner of yours went well up against some of the other cars
Old 28-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #54
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here's my third in-car. i shut the windows on this one to keep the wind noise down. not bad for a phone camera...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCZ6...eature=related

Old 28-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #55
Talldude

Great day even if I had to cut out the last session due to studies.

Will definitely want to do it again I am getting new tires and brakes and springs as a result of the day.

Plus I should have y headers in too.