Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #31
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

i found out today that i can get 100 km's a tank more out of shell v power 98 then what i can out of vortex 98 from woolworths petrol. and the shell doesn't smell weird coming out of the pump. i thought it was weird but in a good way. i put $60 in both times and filled up from the edge of the red square on the fuel gauge. drove both weeks in econ mode, no overtaking or spirited squirts. so shell it is for me.
hendoau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #32
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendoau99
i found out today that i can get 100 km's a tank more out of shell v power 98 then what i can out of vortex 98 from woolworths petrol. and the shell doesn't smell weird coming out of the pump. i thought it was weird but in a good way. i put $60 in both times and filled up from the edge of the red square on the fuel gauge. drove both weeks in econ mode, no overtaking or spirited squirts. so shell it is for me.
Man 100kms is a huge difference..........

Any othercha ges done to the car?

Maybe u should try another bp and see what happens but make sure u run at least 3 tanks to get an average.......
Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #33
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

I am yet to buy a car that has a brand preference for fuel
In all my cars the only things that've ever determined how many kays i get out of a tank are driving conditions and my right foot.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #34
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

440 kays

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #35
urbancowboy

AU2 XR8 manual
town is 330ks (weekly daily driving to work and home etc)
highway is 520ks (but that includes some city driving mixed in there)
****el's drive Rotaries, Four in-line is a waste of time, Six in-a-row just won't go, If you really want something great, drive a great big Ford V8! God made Holden's to keep w*****'s out of Ford's, and yes I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden!
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #36
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

440km around town giving it some stick. Dont know about the highway. I6 and manual on 98.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #37
LukeyST
ST fan

Around 550kms on trips to work or uni, so even split of city and country roads.

Around 700-800kms on freeway/highway, depending on the speed limit.

I find that maximum efficiency occurs at about 80km/hr. Might be higher for non-XR's with taller diff.

Vehicle: AU3 XR6 VCT that only see's BP Ultimate, has extractors, 2.5" zorst and 'opened' intake.

The extra cost of 98 over the rubbish 91 octane is well worth it for the extra power and efficiency.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #38
WannabeXP

I got 12.55 L/100 today to geelong and back.
On Gas
Around 510km off 63.5L of gas
Cheers Jason
05/2000 AUII XR6 5sp|Pacemaker 4480 Competition Headers|Lukey catback|Tickford Azzuro's|Impco LPG Conversion
WannabeXP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #39
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i checked my k`s covered from my last fill approximately 440/450 around Melb suburbia with a smooth throttle openings, with a bit of effort it will do 750 k`s to the tank on a run with good conditions, after i serviced it last year i went on a short run i had perfect conditions it looked like it would have done 900 k`s + to the tank, i was watching the dte........ OMG it just kept getting better, i had a smile on my face like the joker out of batman, but i was on the highway and was trying for hard fuel economy sitting on 98 kph, looking forward to another total economy run.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post