Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default Hillsong Church on tv??

I was just watching some tv and as watching th Hillsong Church .These guys lhave live entertainment in their congregation.I thought well thats fine.Then he starts saying that we should be careful of the company that we keep so that we can be better people.Do not associate with sinners. This is down right discrimination and I believe that if Jesus was here today that he would not be happy with these guys.

Jesus was not sent down to make an elitist nazi cult.He spread the word for all man sinners or not to walk in his light and have a second chance at life.To be forgiven and cleansed of all sin. He wanted us to go forward and spread the good word.The true word,words of hope,giving hope to others and forgiveness of others transgressions.Its only then that we become better people.The sinners are the ones who need guidance and true christianity goes forward and saves souls ..not buries them like Hillsong church.Those words are not the words of Jesus but of man.

I am not overtly pleased with what I was hearing .I think these guys need to get back to the true rivers of belief and stop talking crap!! If they did check their bible they may have noticed that some of the disciples were indeed ex criminals who were transformed by the truth of the words of Jesus.

I have one thing to say to these people..that if you walk in the word and light of true christianity that you do not fear any man ,beast ,death or satan himself.
It is the mission of all true christians to reach down and give hope to those spirits who need it most and indeed each other.We live and walk among all types of people and must embrace the fact that not everyone has a perfect life and need all the spiritual help that they can get. Let not condone people Hillsong..lets save a troubled soul.

Sorry if this is too heavy but sometimes someone has to stand up to these distorted and wrongful views.
Jesus was crucified once dont crucify him again.!!

Noneed to post replies guys I am letting off a bit of holy soldier steam

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again

Last edited by Stav; 09-10-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a note to everyone who is going to read this, please don't start religious/christianity debates.. everyone is entitled to his/hers beliefs and opinions. I would hate to see this turn into an all out word slinging match....
Old 09-10-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Just a note to everyone who is going to read this, please don't start religious/christianity debates.. everyone is entitled to his/hers beliefs and opinions. I would hate to see this turn into an all out word slinging match....
So would I. Its a fair thread and a fair rant. I'm not religious but to see some of these 'TV Churches' and their twist on these things is enough to drive any christian to tears sometimes. Well said Useless.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Church laws are fallible because they're created by man.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #5
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
Church laws are fallible because they're created by man.
Church laws are man made.Indeed Jesus himslef did say "I dwell not in four walls but inside of you and I am with you till the end of time" .The only way to interpret those times is to understand the basic fundamentals which he died on the cross for.Self sacrifice ,patience, forgiveness and a realisation that all material goods have no siginificance compared to a clean life and clean spirit.The main one was forgiveness and its power for a new start.
Thanks mods for allowing this to stay on. I am not perfect ..no one is ..but I just disagreed with those fundamental points of not closing the door to the helpless, berieved,sick and those who are spiritually ill. Hence the emergence of organisations today like STVincent De Paul and Father Riley who tries to give hope to the homeless and narcotic controlled people of Kings Cross.
I hope they see my post and start to understand.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again

Last edited by Stav; 09-10-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

The Pastor of that Hillsong Church is being investigated for dodgy land deals and basically thieveing people out of their money - nuff said.

I am a reasonably regular Catholic (but a relaxed one!), and to me, the vast majority of those "churches" are nothing more than moneymaking devices. There is one here and the pastor drives a top of the line Caprice and his wife has a new Pajero, again TOTL. Nobody can tell me that if Jesus were alive he would be driving any car let alone a top one like that, and seeing as the aim of a church is to help you get closer to god, i dont see how that can work.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #7
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
The Pastor of that Hillsong Church is being investigated for dodgy land deals and basically thieveing people out of their money - nuff said.

I am a reasonably regular Catholic (but a relaxed one!), and to me, the vast majority of those "churches" are nothing more than moneymaking devices. There is one here and the pastor drives a top of the line Caprice and his wife has a new Pajero, again TOTL. Nobody can tell me that if Jesus were alive he would be driving any car let alone a top one like that, and seeing as the aim of a church is to help you get closer to god, i dont see how that can work.
I am a very relaxed christian too.Have a look at some of my nuts posts.But I have seen so much in my life that is so friggin coincidental that it can only be expained by the existence of god and that I believe in god not in the sense that I believe in him but I do believe that he is for real and he is watching me right now defending his values and smiling as well. :king:

Old 09-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #8
Stav
Smile

BTW I reckon jesus would be driving an AU falcon if he were here today...

Old 09-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #9
xr8ute
Back on the road

Well said Stav. BTW, love the new avatar....RESPECT!!!! :Reverend:

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #10
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
BTW I reckon jesus would be driving an AU falcon if he were here today...

Now Stav! There is no need to refer to the AUs as latter day donkeys, remember some are sensitive to such things! :
Old 09-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #11
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Now Stav! There is no need to refer to the AUs as latter day donkeys, remember some are sensitive to such things! :
hahah....
Let me think of a comeback here.
Well the truth of the matter is that schollars and historians believe that he looked of middle eastern appearance.The white images we see of Jesus were first painted in the middle ages.Older images show him having dark skin. Now how many middle eastern people drive an au falcon cab? I might stop there with that and hope the divine powers have alittle sense of humour.

Old 09-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #12
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
Well said Stav. BTW, love the new avatar....RESPECT!!!! :Reverend:
RESPECT!!! :newangel:

Old 09-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #13
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guys, we don't discuss religion on the forums. Refer TOC.
Closed Thread