Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
canman
Starter Motor

Default exhaust headers 08 lt 2l

hello every1

ive been looking at getting headers fitted onto my 08 LT CL, but no one in Sydney seems to be able to find a supplier with the,... i was looking at ebay and found some for the north american version 2.0l and 2.3l, would these fit or not? or does anyone know someone in sydney able to help ??

canman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
crispymk2

I have a set to suit a 2lt Duratec engine. (were for a Fiesta XR4 but same engine as the Focus.

You would have to confirm they would fit...

Pics:

Old 06-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

As far as I'm aware the Americans are still persisting with the Zetec motor where as your's will be a Duratec.

Those fiesta headers should bolt on to the engine (and look uber sexy in the process!) but you'd want to make sure that they point in the right direction.
I assume you're getting the rest of the system to compliment them.

If that fails talk to HiTech in Darlinghurst. They should be able to find something or just make them.
They made a full system for my LR Zetec (which ran a Zetec motor) and I loved it.
There's plenty of places that'll do off the shelf stuff but few that'll custom make stuff.

Let us know how you go, I'd love to see some photos of a finished system.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj-zetec
As far as I'm aware the Americans are still persisting with the Zetec motor where as your's will be a Duratec.
The Americans are using the duratec engine. The 2.0L is exactly the same as ours, whereas they also have the optioin of the 2.3L.

There are plenty of options for exhaust headers, its just that engine bay fitment might be an issue. The headers can be sourced locally or internationally:

Locally - you have to look at Mazda 3 systems (their 2.0L MZR engine is the same as our Duratec engine). X-Force or Pacemaker make headers for the 2.0L MZR, which are a direct bolt on to our engines.

Internationally:
US - Try FSWerks before OBX. Whilst it shoulder bolt directly onto your engine, I cannot guarantee it wil fit your engine bay, or be angled correctly for your exhaust system. As for as I know, no one has fitted a US Focus header onto an AU Focus.

UK - Milltek make very high quality systems, including a full header - cat - catback system for the Focus. Very expensive though. The header shown above is Milltek and the quality is evident.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
crispymk2

Milltek are good quality but dont look anything like the one above straight from the supplier. I wasnt too impressed with the marks and general condition of the pipes when it first arrived, but after Jet-Hot coating they came up good
Old 06-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Crispy, the coating looks great. Does Jet-Hot coating = ceramic coating?

Canman: here is the Milltek link: http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetai...?productID=465
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 PM   #7
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Thanks DZ, i just got learned

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny pic TJ! Ford created the confusion when they renamed the hotted up Zetec engine a 'Duratec ST'
Old 07-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #9
crispymk2

Yep, ceramic coated

JET-HOT Sterling
As the name implies JET-HOT Sterling contains silver powder. This metal gives JET-HOT Sterling an improved shine without compromising on corrosion protection. Sterling shines with the best look yet in high-temp, high tech coatings. JET-HOT Sterling provides lasting beauty. of nickel. Other metallic-ceramic coatings look dull in comparison. The RMS numbers (a measure of smoothness) demonstrate how far JET-HOT has jumped ahead of other coatings. With the addition of silver powder to our exclusive formula, we have beautified our coatings by a factor of six on the RMS scale while improving performance.