Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #31
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I currently have aPC for home use and am thinking about a MAC ibook for travel/work. can files be tranferrd between the two? as in microsoft word etc? what about my ipod? will this throw me in it or should i just get a pc laptop

ta

David
DJR David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid $2800 for my laptop 3 years ago. Its a P4 2.4 512 mb of ram and Nvidia 32mb card. It's a toshiba. I bought this as it had an SD slot. As i already had a camera with and SD card, i figured this would be best suited to me as i didn't have to carry extra cables for my camera. Slot the card straight in.

I have a wireless network at home and a wireless card in the laptop. So now I can surf the web from anywhere in the house. Its very cool.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #33
ZC-Cruiser
The car's got pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR David
I currently have aPC for home use and am thinking about a MAC ibook for travel/work. can files be tranferrd between the two? as in microsoft word etc? what about my ipod? will this throw me in it or should i just get a pc laptop

ta

David
File transfers - yes
Microsoft Office for Mac is available as is the Open Source Neo Office
iPod will work fine
Get the Mac - you won't be sorry...
ZC-Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #34
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as a person that services notbooks regulary, i cant stress enough how much people get reiiped off buying the big three, compaq/hp, Dell, and sometimes toshiba, there are only 2 notebook manafacturs, and one company will build 6 or 7 difrent brands, yeh those big three are in there, and your are somethimes paying only for a name, i highly reccommend looking at ASUS notebooks, becuase they are 1 of the two manafacturers, are a high quality product, and have a two year global warranty, some will only have a country warranty, and when something does go wrong the fix it right infront of noe instead of sending away to goet fixed,

i have sold compaq hp, toshiba benq, aopen, Fujitsu and ASUS, if u want a quality notebook at a reasonable price, go ASUS, if u want a monster and are prepared to pay, go fujitsu
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post