Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default aus post insurance

recieved mail from oz post offering insurance..
i suppose it's diversafied income.
http://auspost.com.au/insurance/

if their product is like there mail well ????

burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Kryton

I just did a quote for the GQ Patrol.
The premium is pretty good but they dont say what the pay out figure is though.
I have it insured for $10800 through GIO for pretty much the same premium as what AusPost are offering.
With GIO, i have more accessories listed though, a protected rating 1 for life, and a few other things.

Would be interesting to hear from anyone that has made a claim through AusPost and how they found the experience.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Australia Post Insurance is just linking you to A&G Insurance Services Site but branded Australia Post

Other Names for A&G Insurance Services are:-

Budget Direct
Insurers Hotline

They do they same deal with Beaurepaires as they offer Home and Car Insurance now as well

If you want "cheap" just go direct to Budget Direct or Insurer's Hotline

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
Australia Post Insurance is just linking you to A&G Insurance Services Site but branded Australia Post

Other Names for A&G Insurance Services are:-

Budget Direct
Insurers Hotline

They do they same deal with Beaurepaires as they offer Home and Car Insurance now as well

If you want "cheap" just go direct to Budget Direct or Insurer's Hotline
I noticed that when doing several online quotes. Different companies, near identical website format, just different colours and branding.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

If truth in advertising (now there's an oxymoron!) was used it should say..."Aust Post is now an agent for A&G insurance"
Old 30-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
PANELCORP

Another brokers mouth to feed

Just go Direct to the insurers and save some cash !!
PANELCORP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
StrokedXT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
If truth in advertising (now there's an oxymoron!) was used it should say..."Aust Post is now an agent for A&G insurance"
Not really they are complying with all relevant laws and regulations by stating quite clearly

Australian Postal Corporation (AR No. 338646) (APC) acts as an Authorised Representative of A&G Insurance Services Pty Ltd (AGIS) which arranges the insurance on behalf of Auto & General Insurance Company Ltd (A&G). Because we don't know your financial needs, we can't advise if this insurance will suit you. You should consider your needs and the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before making a decision to buy insurance. A&G pays APC a commission, which is a percentage of your premium. For further details see our Financial Services Guide (FSG). Click here to view a copy of our PDS and FSG. Terms & Conditions apply. Approved applicants only.
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I never said they weren't complying with the law.
I was referring to the main title.... "Australia Post, now delivering affordable car insurance" not the small print.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #9
FPV70

Australia Post has always been a self insurance company and with this, they are now available to offer car insurance to the public.
Aus Post vehicle fleet is the larget fleet in Australia mainly due to the CT110 but none the less, a fleet the size of Aus Post can not be viable to insure through an actuall insurance company.
Being that Aus Post is a multi Million dollar proffit company, they have always supplied their own insurance and now with a declining mail revenue, they are looking into other areas to expand the buisness. Insurance is an area they can expand into due to their ability to self insure so they uped the anti changed a few things and became a "real" insurance company.
Aus Post is an autorised representative for alot of buisness and companies, thats why you can pay your bills at a local Post Office.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV70
Australia Post has always been a self insurance company and with this, they are now available to offer car insurance to the public.
Aus Post vehicle fleet is the larget fleet in Australia mainly due to the CT110 but none the less, a fleet the size of Aus Post can not be viable to insure through an actuall insurance company.
You have proof of this? They are also part owners in 'Star Track Express' and I doubt that anyone would 'self insure' with that many vehicles running interstate as well as local

Quote:
so they uped the anti changed a few things and became a "real" insurance company.
They are not a real insurance co...read the small print at the bottom of the page.

Quote:
Aus Post is an autorised representative for alot of buisness and companies, thats why you can pay your bills at a local Post Office.
Big difference between calling yourself "Australia Post Insurance" and accepting money for the Gas bill.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
FPV70

Quote:
You have proof of this? They are also part owners in 'Star Track Express' and I doubt that anyone would 'self insure' with that many vehicles running interstate as well as local

They are not a real insurance co...read the small print at the bottom of the page.

Big difference between calling yourself "Australia Post Insurance" and accepting money for the Gas bill.
Mate, I don't care. I am just saying what I know.

I won't be bothering about getting you proof.

You can speculate all you want.

Have fun.

They are also owners with Quantas in Australian Air Express. Doesn't matter what they are owners/part owners in.

Once again, I am just saying what I know.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #12
robertjp

With Aus Post there are a lot of uncertainties (as to future directions) at the moment. The traditional LBU (Letters Business Unit) has seen declining volumes for years. Competion is increasing which will further erode Post's revenue streams. With the new CEO having a strong banking background, is this a future direction for Post, I wish I knew the answer to this!

Deregulation and opening up a monopoly is good for business, but at some point the government will have to put money into the business to cover USO's (Universal Standard Obligations) unless new revenue streams can be found.
robertjp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #13
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Mate, I don't care. I am just saying what I know.

I won't be bothering about getting you proof.
But a little something to back up "what you know" would be nice, otherwise your comments are no better than lunch room gossip.

Quote:
They are also owners with Quantas in Australian Air Express.
I've often thought that name was cute, seeing as a LOT of their Airfreight goes by road.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
Copie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They are part owners of almost every large courier company in Aus, since alot of their gear (in particular satchels etc) go through us for remote areas.

Quote:
That is correct, they are selling insurance on behalf of A&G, same as what supercrap auto does etc. They arent an insurance company per say.

Quote:
I've often thought that name was cute, seeing as a LOT of their Airfreight goes by road.
Only about 4% of our total product goes by air (excluding airmail services) this is mainly due to the cost and potential holdups, and the fact that LBR's run 24/7 and most overnight spots (ie capital cities) can be serviced overnight by truck. So long as we meet the delivery timetables (ie overnight for in network express) who really cares.

As for the Auspost fleet in regards to insurance, you will find that all the CT110's only have 3rd party, not comp. Alot of the newer vans and trucks (Merc vito's/sprinters/5 tonne/7 tonne) are the same, but under lease. The volvo's have the works.
Copie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
FPV70

Quote:
But a little something to back up "what you know" would be nice, otherwise your comments are no better than lunch room gossip.

Ya know, your right, I did seem to crap on a bit.

It is pretty much what Copie said.

Yep, I shoulda looked a bit harder at the insurance thing rather than listen to an area manager about something he doesn't know about.

Anyway, My Appologies, I'm back off to my cube farm.