Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #1
Cyborg1978

Default Under the Hazard button

There is a panel under the Hazard button with a hinge I can't open mine. has any one opened there's? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFIk5_pXTGk&NR=1

I found this on you tube

Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Zetec Dave

Yeah I've done it in the past and yes it does open but just needs a bit of force though. Problem is, after you get it open, there's no latch mechanism to keep it closed properly (despite the tab on the cover in which the above youtube link suggests). Hence you might want to create some sort of retention mechanism or velcro or blu-tack? Kinda got sick of it after a while and didn't really use the cubby hole as its quite narrow and very deep and difficult to reach all the way back (unless you've got really small or skinny/thin hands with long fingers). Hope this helps mate.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nah i tried for 10mins when we first got the car and we couldnt open it.....

there is another video on youtube of someone who was using that compartment too... so hopefully there is a way to use it...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some people have used it to put a hard drive in there, which connects to the USB module. It was supposed to be a little coin tray, but Ford decided to can it at the last minute as it was pretty useless (the pre-production pictures have a little grab tab and all).
Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Oh, thats what the space is for haha. I just thought it was a blank plate covering a hole.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well essentially that's what it is now, a bit of plastic covering a hole!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
Cyborg1978

It's a shame that ford cuts costs in shch small places. It's the small things the big three Germans do that make a difference. I like the storage box on the right hand side by the stering wheel, it's just a small thing I like.
Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Does anyone take the stab at checking it out in our aussie models? Just a hole or a compartment?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's there alright. It's a bland box, not lined inside or anything, with a silver clip holding it in place. Just like the Euro ones. Pretty useless space IMHO as it is, but a nice sliding tray could have been handy!