Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Default My Focus

Those of you that remember.....

It that drives my focus is been complaining that the Auto has been knocking, Fuel Consumption is a shocker, and the was no power in 1st, took it to the dealership this week

The TSB for the Auto, an adjustment it makes for larger wheels, fixed the knock in the auto, and seems to have settled the car down again with a flash.

Now, it seems that every 6 months or so this little Foci needs to be flashed just to settle down issues it developes in a 6 month period...

Ohh and something was changed on the cooling system, apparently a problem with the CL 2L thats starting to rear its head of late..

Anyhow, i thought I would blabble a bit about it incase anyone else is having any knocking from the auto, or if the performance is starting to drop off.

Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Just one question Minge, how do you fit in a litle Foci?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

No mate, I dont.........

I did take it for a test drive, that was the 1st and last time, I thought it needed twin turbos, It decided it needed seat covers!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
WASP
Whipple Induced

Sorry Gary, I'm still picturing you driving a CL Focus....hehe
The car is probably having an anxiety attack every six months or so from being parked in the shed next to your TS50!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Its parked along way from me now mate, and the only thing its gotto be anxious about is how much longer I am willing to keep on paying for it.... or the mods I have in mind if I take it back!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

How many cars do you own minge??

I remember you talking about buying a Territory to replace ur Klugar, then I read somewhere you had an AUIII Fairlane, we all know u got the TS50, and now you have a focus...

You need to keep all ur Fords in your signature mate so we can keep up wif cha!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #7
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

The Ts is keeping the side of the house tied down in place
The AU2 Fairlane Gheya is the daily
The Focus was one of those lifes great mistakes
The EB Fairmont Ghia is still my baby but the bro drives it
Old 09-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Gary. Focus one of life's mistakes?! Never!

Mine is the same as yours - Auto CL 2L. I too have pretty poor consumption as of late but I put that down to me flooring the thing in a vain attempt to find whatever power exists down there.

The only thing I have had replaced in the cooling system was the thermostat housing which is a 2 piece item (made from 2 bits fused together) and had cracked. Was leaking 2 tenths of bugger all but it was a warranty job. Made no noticable difference to the car before or after.

One thing I am finding lately with the auto is that on startup it does from time to time take what seems like forever to shift out of first gear. Revs very high then suddenly changes. Its a rare thing though and it certainly doesnt do it all the time.