Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The matty johns show

did anyone watch it?
i for 1 thought it was great, good on ya matty
that interview with willie mason was really good spoke his mind which is what i have always liked about him
and that part at the end where matty is in the cab and joeys calls and say
"there any jobs on channel 7"

rofl classic

im a big footy show fan and will continue to be so
but i thought they stuck it right to channel 9 and the footy show
when was the last time you saw the footy show/ channel 9 give away
$500 at super cheap a bbq and a big *** tv
and fruit bowl was funny to see aswell

anyways thats my 2cents and im glad to see matty back on tv
thoughts???

:

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
Old 26-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think Matty Johns was the sacrificial lamb who was dragged through the coals very harshly.
I don't want rugby shows much, but I hope he gets his life on track, and that chick who bragged about her sexual exploits and then decided she needed some plastic surgery so decided that all of a sudden it was traumatic gets a clue.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 26-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

all good and well, but the bloody skits, this isnt full frontal (dont get me wrong! a show i loved! and its spin offs!) but its a bloody football show!

loved the bit with mason though! was great and can only get better, but ive never been a fan of matty johns's charachters, they were funny for a little, little bit but its time to get serious!
Old 26-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
mick457
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67-FKD
all good and well, but the bloody skits, this isnt full frontal (dont get me wrong! a show i loved! and its spin offs!) but its a bloody football show!

loved the bit with mason though! was great and can only get better, but ive never been a fan of matty johns's charachters, they were funny for a little, little bit but its time to get serious!
i agree the only 1 of his characters i only really ever liked was reg and hope to c him on 7 if only its was at 8.30 or something like that
this show can only get better and i hope it doesnt get axed we need another footy related show on free to air

Performace
DBA 4000s, Blue power intake, Whiteline swaybars, FG manifold, PWR Radiator, king springs low, Monroe gt sport
DJR bobtail, LSD 3.46, 20%UD
Pacemaker 4490s, Venom cat, redback catback
Old 26-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give me my weekly fix of Jennifers assets any day. !!!!!
Old 26-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

Show wasnt to bad..much better than the tripe on CH9 which they call the footy show...
I just hope matty dosent get to carried away with skits..end of the day id rather see & hear more footy

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
Old 26-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I thought it was pretty decent, especially for a 1 hour show. They probably threw a whole lot of characters against the wall for the first show to see what would stick. Ahn Do is hacky but for whatever reason, he's one of the few that makes it work.

It's slick, it's entertaining, it gets to the point quickly and doesn't go on and on for no apparent reason like the Footy Show (which has become tired beyond all belief).

I think they're on a winner. I'll watch again.
Old 26-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
austyphoon

I hated it.

When Shane Webcke was promoting the show he said that he would not have signed up if it was just a skit show and said that there would be plenty of serious footy discussion....Where was it???

They literally spent 30 seconds talking about each game, no insights to the matchups, nothing. Controversy corner was horrible, big Willie managed to sidestep the question put at him, no doubt there was something he did at the Roosters that got him canned but gave the 'I left on good terms' story....Plenty of controversy there!!

I watch the the footy show for lame skits and a bit of a laugh, looks like i'll have to stick to NRL Tactics and NRL on fox for decent insights to our game.
Old 26-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #9
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick457
when was the last time you saw the footy show/ channel 9 give away
$500 at super cheap a bbq and a big *** tv
Pretty sure The Footy Show has a Car up for grabs and plenty of major prizes to win.

Matty Johns is a good bloke and I do like him but this show won't last, it's on at 7:30pm but gets out rated by shows at 8:30 and 9 on it's debut!
Old 26-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
StrokedXT
Banned

Maybe you need to get beaten around the head on a footy field to find it entertaining or even mildly amusing.

I think my iq was dropping with every second it took to change the channel.
Old 26-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyphoon
Pretty sure The Footy Show has a Car up for grabs and plenty of major prizes to win.

Matty Johns is a good bloke and I do like him but this show won't last, it's on at 7:30pm but gets out rated by shows at 8:30 and 9 on it's debut!
The Matty Johns show won its time slot. In Sydney and Brisbane any way. I beleive it also had more viewers than The Footy Show (different time slot I know).
Closed Thread