Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Yet another drunk driver crashes with her kids in the car

Drunk mother crashes car with children on board
Posted 1 hour 25 minutes ago

A mother who crashed her car in Melbourne's north with two children on board has allegedly recorded a blood alcohol reading more than four times over the limit.

Police say the 30-year-old was travelling along Park Street in Pascoe Vale when she veered off the road, mounted a kerb and hit a power pole about 2:30am.

Her children, aged 12 and eight, were uninjured.

Police say the Coburg woman blew 0.24 and is expected to be charged on summons.

Constable Sean Scully said it was a careless act.

"It's quite fortunate that no one was injured as a result," he said.

"There was an eight-year-old in the front seat and we're quite surprised that there was no injuries to her or to any other parties in the vehicle."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...06/2812098.htm

As i said in the other thread about the mum getting her 5 yr old drunk, there is an ever increasing about of drunken females (I wont call them mothers) who drive around with their kids in the car.....

Here where i live in Townsville the paper reports on average one a week (that is caught/ reported, population of only 150 000). Drink driving has been on the increase here by a large amount over the years.

Heres a tip.... DONT HAVE KIDS IF YOU DONT THINK YOUR ABLE TO COPE WITH THEM!

Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as a rule, having kids brings a new feeling of responsibility and maturity to a person.. of course there are exceptions to this rule, who don't learn the new crucial attitudes and stick by their careless, teenage partying and risk taking ways. Oblivious to the fact that they're risking other innocent lives instead of just their own. As you say, an increasing number are being CAUGHT.. I accidently creep over the speed limit daily but have been caught 5 times in 13 years of driving.. so I'd imagine the flood of drink drivers documented lately could possibly be only a minuscule portion of the total offenders.. sad, cos my family and I, and YOU and YOURS are out amongst them constantly.

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, looks like some kids deserve a foster home...

Looks like a mother needs some sessions in 'How to be a parent', along perhaps with some AA to traffic lessons to learn of the dangers of drinking and driving.

I mean, for heavens sake, the 'Drink Drive, Bloody Idiot' message has only been around for 20 years. What will make people absorb it? I have a nice spanner in the door of the car...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I mean, for heavens sake, the 'Drink Drive, Bloody Idiot' message has only been around for 20 years. What will make people absorb it?
and she probably figured that she felt fine enough to drive home, that thought outweighing her kids safety, the safety of everyone on the road and her own safety. The same thoughts of every other idiot drink driver on the road.

If they don't care about the above, they won't care about the drink and drive message or catching a taxi home. Taxi's obviously cost too much, compared to killing someone or your kids, or yourself.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
left
Lady Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
As i said in the other thread about the mum getting her 5 yr old drunk, there is an ever increasing about of drunken females (I wont call them mothers) who drive around with their kids in the car.....

Here where i live in Townsville the paper reports on average one a week (that is caught/ reported, population of only 150 000). Drink driving has been on the increase here by a large amount over the years.

Heres a tip.... DONT HAVE KIDS IF YOU DONT THINK YOUR ABLE TO COPE WITH THEM!
used: Not sure why there's any expectation that women/mothers should be any more responsible than men/fathers when it comes to drinking and parenting. Why not ask yourself where the father was? Why wasn't he looking after the children? It's about as relevant i.e it's not.

Isn't the real issue - first and foremost - the drinking culture in this country? Second, the lack of social conscience that more and more *people* seem to be showing i.e. total disregard for anyone but themselves - male or female?

Quote:
Building sites on a hot day: the females equivalent to a strip club
left is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Take her children off her, stupid bloody woman doesn't deserve to have them!, how could you possibly think drink driving with your kids in the car is a smart move!, some people should be banned from reproducing! :
Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

The depressing BS keeps rolling in. How about some ironic punishment? make her a passenger with a drunk at the wheel. while shes absolutely sober. But to come back to reality, send her to prison. Im sure the ladies in there know how to take care of a woman like this.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by left
used: Not sure why there's any expectation that women/mothers should be any more responsible than men/fathers when it comes to drinking and parenting. Why not ask yourself where the father was? Why wasn't he looking after the children? It's about as relevant i.e it's not.

Isn't the real issue - first and foremost - the drinking culture in this country? Second, the lack of social conscience that more and more *people* seem to be showing i.e. total disregard for anyone but themselves - male or female?
I don't think this has anything to do with gender, moreso that this person didn't have the rational thinking to say "I've got children with me, I'm not going to get drunk." It is unfortunate that I seem to hear more and more about females doing this kind of thing, and not so often anymore about men doing it.

The other unfortunate thing is that this woman is teaching her children that it's acceptable behaviour, when it's clearly not. If it was 8am and she was still a little over the limit, and didn't realise it would be a different story...but it was 2am.
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 03:03 AM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will never understand these imbeciles who put their kids in danger by driving while they are smashed let alone the general public. F'n bogans
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 03:23 AM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I will never understand these imbeciles who put their kids in danger by driving while they are smashed let alone the general public. F'n bogans
Nothing wrong with bogans (or bevans/westies, etc); I've been described as one numerous times, but I doesn't mean I drink/drive. In fact, these days I very rarely drink, and if I do have even one, my kids at 6, 6, & 4 would tell me that mum should drive 'cos I've been drinking. If they see an erratic car on the road, they're comment is usually along the lines of "has that man been drinking, daddy?".

Without knowing the circumstances involved here, but given the time of crash at after 2am, there is one scenario I can think of where she may have thought she was OK to drive. Went to friends place for a dinner, had a **few** wines (obviously more than that), so stayed longer, kids asleep in spare room, and she may have napped for an hour or 2 on the couch/wherever, wakes up, feels OK, puts kids in car and drives home (and crashes). So benefit of the doubt to her in trying to be responsible but failing. This is possible and goes to show those that were quick to judge, though technically correct, may well be way off the mark.

Given that she is a 30 yo with a 12 yo daughter (I'd guess single mum, but then that could be an incorrect assumption/generalisation too!), of course the real story may be that she was on a bender, out with the kids and somehow thought 2am was a good time for them to be out 'til and for her to be drinking 'til - and then decides to drive anyway. EPIC FAIL!!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #11
SDKC
To punish and enslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
If they see an erratic car on the road, they're comment is usually along the lines of "has that man been drinking, daddy?".
Or they are on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
the real story may be that she was on a bender, out with the kids and somehow thought 2am was a good time for them to be out 'til and for her to be drinking 'til - and then decides to drive anyway. EPIC FAIL!!
Or she knows that the booze buses stop working at 2am and thinks it is safe to drive home.

Last edited by SDKC; 07-02-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling.
SDKC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #12
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

at the end of the day (i hate that saying)
as a parent comes responsibilities
sure have a drink , who doesnt ,but when your kids are involved and other road users
THINK
jail term sorry ,we have to make examples or people keep doin it
PS theres a bloke in our local paper that has been done 3 times for d/d all times were over 0.15(3 times the limit)and now he has to go to "her majestys palace" oh boy is his puttin on a turn,whingin and whining in the local papers about it,"oh im gunna loose my house if i cant pay the mortgage ,ill loose everything ect ect"
the local coppers responce was ,"thought u would have learned the first time,or maybe the second,but sorry 3 times ,u just wont learn,so of you go"
ok he looses his house,but what about the children/peoples lives he ruins because of d/d ????,so its ok to maim someone so long as he doesnt loose his house ???
there really is no excuse
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post