Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
Rod&Jan
Starter Motor

Default Festiva Overheating

Can somebody please tell me whats the matter with my WB Festiva.

Driving along yesterday and the temp. went up to the 'wrong' end of the gauge.

Got under the car today and there's coolant dripping from under the engine next to where the 2 fan belts are. Pulled a few bits and pieces off today to see if the water pump is the problem but it seems to be located behind the timing belt.

So, how do you replace the water pump???

My other daily drive is a 78 leyland mini so I'm pretty handy with a spanner and not afraid to have a go.

Cheers & thanks in advance

Rod&Jan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will be the water pump and a pain to get to.
I have a workshop manual you can borrow or they pop up on e-bay quite often.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
Rod&Jan
Starter Motor

Do I need to jack up the engine (right engine mount removed), take off the bottom pulley and remove the timing belt to get to the water pump????

I recently saw a set of 4 manuals about $150 from memory on E-Bay but of course, they're gone by now.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod&Jan
Do I need to jack up the engine (right engine mount removed), take off the bottom pulley and remove the timing belt to get to the water pump????

I recently saw a set of 4 manuals about $150 from memory on E-Bay but of course, they're gone by now.

Thanks
Last timing belt change at 200Km they suggested I also do the water pump. It is located behind the timing belt from what I understand. Although they said the same thing to me at 100km. Engine is at around 215km now on factory pump.

How many km has it done? May as well do the timing belt if you go to the trouble of removing it.

Bit harder than the A series :(.. used to have a 59 Bugeye myself.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
Rod&Jan
Starter Motor

Had the timing belt replaced about 3 or 4 months ago - they didn't suggest replacing the water pump at the time - should have.

Ah well - so the timing belt has to come off then - any tricks that I need to know about in advance???