Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-01-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Whirlpool Broadband Survey

Sorry if this doesn't sort of meet forum guidelines, but I just headed over to Whirlpool and their current annual Broadband Survey is open.

I personally feel this one is worth getting as many people as possible to complete, especially since it contains a section about the Federal Government's Mandatory Filtering scheme. I don't know if it will change anything, but maybe, just maybe, if enough people feel as strongly against it as me, and show it on the survey, they MIGHT listen.

All it takes is about five minutes and a valid email address (after you've completed it, it emails you a link to click just to validate the fact you're a real person completing it).

http://whirlpool.net.au/survey/

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I don't know if it will change anything, but maybe, just maybe, if enough people feel as strongly against it as me, and show it on the survey, they MIGHT listen.
If you really want to tell the govt your thoughts on filtering the best best is to email Stephen Conroy and cc your local federal member.

To find your local member search here https://oevf.aec.gov.au/

Stephen's address is minister@dbcde.gov.au

It takes a few minutes to send a polite email outlining your objections.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably consider the same option, thats been advised in regards to the Climate Change scandal.. along with enough like minded friends & family, etc. email your local federal member and vow to never vote for them if they support this ' solution '

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Sorry if this doesn't sort of meet forum guidelines, but I just headed over to Whirlpool and their current annual Broadband Survey is open.

I personally feel this one is worth getting as many people as possible to complete, especially since it contains a section about the Federal Government's Mandatory Filtering scheme.
http://whirlpool.net.au/survey/
I've noticed that for a while but haven't bothered, your highlighting the net filtering scheme has motivated me to get onto it.

(I did tell an ALP fella on FB to stick his parties filter up where the sun don't shine, and I mean't it. Don't like nanny states).

Again, thanks for the heads-up.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

No problem.

The net filtering stuff from memory was the first few questions.

I do know that emailing/writing the politicians is probably the best way, however a survey of the scope and pull of the Whirlpool one might also give them a kick in the guts.
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 20-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Thats got to be one of the best online surveys I've done, no silly or ambigious questions only relevent and your ISP defined ones.

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 12:56 AM   #7
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I done the survey. Strongly against the internet filtering scheme, I've already heard easy ways to get around it without much trouble and it will definitely increase prices, slow down speeds and at least sometimes block sites for no reason.

Telstra Bigpond is great, they are reliable and I've never been internet-less for the last 2-3 years, but their prices are bad for the amount of download you get, customer service is crap (I've waited a month through multiple phone calls exceeding half an hour before I was hung up on at least twice, trying to explain the problem to a person that couldn't understand me because they were foreign, and on my 11th or 12th phone call over that period of time, I finally got someone that knew what they were doing, simple problem, fixed that day and I received compensation for my trouble ($80), but still, unacceptable.

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #8
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmcmillan
Telstra Bigpond is great, they are reliable and I've never been internet-less for the last 2-3 years, but their prices are bad for the amount of download you get, customer service is crap (I've waited a month through multiple phone calls exceeding half an hour before I was hung up on at least twice, trying to explain the problem to a person that couldn't understand me because they were foreign, and on my 11th or 12th phone call over that period of time, I finally got someone that knew what they were doing, simple problem, fixed that day and I received compensation for my trouble ($80), but still, unacceptable.
Go Internode . Been with them for 5-6 years now - only ever had one issue which was related to the phone line being disconnected by Telstra. Great prices, great download allowances and also great Australia based customer service.

I've filled out the survey for the past 4 years - it's probably the most accurate you can get in terms of seeing where different ISPs rank and people's thoughts related to different broadband issues.

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!
GavL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavL
Go Internode . Been with them for 5-6 years now - only ever had one issue which was related to the phone line being disconnected by Telstra. Great prices, great download allowances and also great Australia based customer service.

I've filled out the survey for the past 4 years - it's probably the most accurate you can get in terms of seeing where different ISPs rank and people's thoughts related to different broadband issues.
Yeah I'll most likely be changing to them soon. A known to be good provider with plans like their easy plan with adsl2+ or adsl1 whichever your town supports, 50gb quota for $50 a month, you can't beat them. It also includes a prepaid 10hour per month dial up account, 5 emails, web hosting etc.. etc..

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 02:01 AM   #10
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy
Thats got to be one of the best online surveys I've done, no silly or ambigious questions only relevent and your ISP defined ones.
That's why I do it every year, and I always answer honestly. Its well worth the 5-10 minutes it takes to fill it out, and they never spam you when you give your email address either, just a link to confirm your answers once done, and then they link to the report when its out later next month.

It is always an interesting read when the results come out, and I am definitely keen on seeing the results for the Filtering Scheme section.

As for Internode, yeah they are a great provider. Personally I'm with Adam, I find their value just a little bit better for what you get, however they are an SA-only provider (would be good if they went national, they'd be some real competition for 'node if they did!).
Quote: