Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
dave289
Banned

Question Online surveys- has anybody done them and are they worth it?

Just wondering if anyone does these paid online surveys ,and are they worth it or a waste of time ?

dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Time is more consuming than what you are getting, waste of time i think.
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

What do you need it for?
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
jether

I do them but think they are a waste of time. I have a lot of down time in my job and so I do them there, if I had to do them at home I wouldn't bother.

It's usually about 1 - 1.5hrs of questions for $3. You don't get the chance to do many surveys either I only got 3 offered to me last year.
jether is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

www.pureprofile.com.au
I saw this website once on the SBS soccer website several years ago.

It's an AUSTRALIAN site.

I've made probably $150 - $200 off this website over the last couple of years...
I get probably about 5 - 10 things a week to do.

Sometimes it's just a clickable link to a website (paid $0.05 to $0.10)
Sometimes it's a advertising clip to watch (paid $0.20 - $0.50)

Some surveys (usually paid $0.15 if you 'don't qualify' - 4 or 5 questions to determine this) - from here it's generally how long the survey takes that decides how much you get - usually around 10-15 mins for $2-3.00.....many surveys pay out $4-6.00! There was a 90 minute survey recently that paid out $15.00....but I didn't qualify...damn!

Once you reach a certain point, you can redeem your cash for Caltex starcard fuel cards, or have it transferred straight to your account (takes 21 business days IIRC). There are also other 'shopping' options you can do....

Certainly not a waste of time, and the website is simple and easy to navigate - you just press one button that cycles through any available 'offers' you have at the time....and if you decided to skip a survey, you can always choose to go back and do it at a later time (as long as the survey hasn't closed).

Definatley a worthwhile exercise IMO, especially if you're doing nothing else at the time, just surfing the net - you might as well get paid to answer some questions!

If you want to sign up:
http://account.pureprofile.com/Login/?referrer=1203092
Old 18-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

For example, today I've had a $0.10 link for an ANZ credit card, and currently in the middle of a 20 minute survey which will pay me $3.30.....easy!
Old 18-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Only took me 7 minutes (about mobile phones) - $3.30 in my account!

Can't explain how ridiculously easy this is!

I will add that you actually get emails telling you when you have surveys to answer etc, and how much that survey will pay - so you can choose whether you want to do them or not....
Old 18-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am part of many sites.
One owes me around 40 bucks, another ~46, another almost 250, another over 100.

It is a slow thing. The whole 'earn money' thing is a fad. It has taken me a long time to earn the above rewards. It's a bit of a ****************-about thing rather than anything else...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post